Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street. >

Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street.

Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:29 PM

Oh WOW given that the nearest fabric shop to me is like a gazillion miles away and Wally World is only 22 miles away (a walk in the park for rural America) that would be such a blessing!
Old 10-16-2010, 05:31 PM

I have noticed the Wally in Princeton Wv has a new line of fabric in and it is really nice.. Decent quality and not the usual Wally fabric..so maybe it is true?
Old 10-16-2010, 05:40 PM

Yes they are. I was one of the complainers. They have put it bqck in the Cookeville store but not in our store. It is about the same distance since I live between the two towns. Prices are much lower there too.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:52 PM

one of our family members drove from Texas here last Monday and carried my DH and I on a free trip too Bryson City, NC. I believe that is the name of the town also that I stopped in a wal-mart or maybe the next town, but it was in that area. They had the quilt of the month material for 1.94 a yard but I think here it was a lot higher than that a few months ago. The lady had too stop in that Wal-mart too get her diabetes medicine filled because she ran out and it was gonna be a few days before they got back too Texas. I didn't buy any of the material because there were no funds. If I get a chance and my heart cath is ok Wednesday, then I am going in our wal-mart to see what they still have and at what price. BUT my CT scan on my heart was very bad and the nurse practioner told me too go ahead and take that trip before I had the cath so I did. So Wednesday I have too be at the hospital at 6:00am. Oh me, I get up early but I don't start moving too fast for a couple of hours. Will check back here later
Old 10-16-2010, 06:05 PM

I sure hope this is true!! Joann's is the closest store to me now and it is 25 miles away! Plus I can only afford what is on sale. We are suppose to be getting a Wal Mart in our area within the next year. (been waiting for it for 5 years now) It will be a super and I sure hope they have fabric back!! Only 6 miles from my house!! Whoopie!!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 06:28 PM

wow I sure hope all Wal Marts are doing that .. the smaller one (yes we have 2 in our town)has a fabric dept which was dramatically downsized, and totally taken out of the super store. So here is crossing fingers they don't forget about us small town people who quilt and sew as well !! LOL
Old 10-16-2010, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by dasmith2
I wonder if the walmart here will get it. Im not sure if they ever had it
Only Super WalMarts carry them.Is yours a Super?There is one in Macon Mo that isn't a Super Walmart but they had fabric so I it mayhappen.Hope it does for you! We still have ours, but like everyone else has said seems to be getting more in :thumbup:
Old 10-16-2010, 06:34 PM

They took ours out about 3 yrs. ago We have two stores within a ten mile radias . Would really be a blessing if we got it back in at least one store. I'm so tired of paying so much at Joanns and Hobby Lobby ,I don't care for unless I have a coupon.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:44 PM

I don't know if this is legit, but after reading your post I did some google-ing & found this petition. I signed it....

http://www.petitiononline.com/savefab/petition.html
Old 10-16-2010, 06:49 PM

Maybe they realized that the people coming into the fabric department bought other things around the store as well.
Since they stopped selling fabric, I haven't been going there as often.