Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street. >

Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street.

Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:57 AM

Fantastic! The Wal-Mart close to me does have fabric, every time I go in, I check to see what's new and usually buy something, even if its a remnant!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Grammy o'5
Fantastic! The Wal-Mart close to me does have fabric, every time I go in, I check to see what's new and usually buy something, even if its a remnant!
did they ever take the fabric out in your store? please let me know if they add or change anything - would be super - thx
Old 10-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by kspurlock1
Originally Posted by cjomomma
Our wm didn't lose the fabrics but it was down sized. All of a sudden they have more fabric then space. When I go in there the ladies are always complaining about what to do with all the bolts.
wow that is wonderful! I would love a picture if you could send / post . A picture is worth a 1000 words.
I don't know if I can get a pic or not. My phone pics won't down load to the QB. If I remember I will take my camera with me next time I go.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:11 AM

That's fantastic news for a lot of quilters!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Administrator

our wallyfabs are scheduled to disappear in Feb 2011. i hope they change their minds about that but the news so far is not encouraging.

the "good" news is that the new arrival fabs are really nice. they rival all by the highest end brands. :-)
Old 10-14-2010, 08:31 AM

Wow -- a big time store LISTENING to its customers!!!! Good deal! Looks like all the letters from this board may have had an impact after all!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:34 AM

I prefer the higher quality fabric but sometimes it is Walmart fabric or no quilt! Even Walmart fabric quilts communicate love and care, and can keep people warm. Most people I sew for don't know or care about the difference anyway. Sometimes my custumers even ask me to use the cheaper fabric to keep the price down. Yea ! That Walmart is bringing the fabric back! My Walmart, well, the one closest to me, never lost the fabric, but I was worried that maybe it might.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:35 AM

I don't know if our Wal-Mart got the message about fabric. Last week when in our store, I noticed a bigger section of pellon, etc. and less in fabric prints. Made me think......oh oh.....our store is going to lose our fabric section, too. It's such a shame as we have a lot of tourists buying fabrics in our Wal-Mart store. The Japanese love the Hawaiian prints, the Aussies love all the different types and we are even getting the mainland U.S. tourists purchasing fabrics as their Wal-Marts have stopped carrying fabric or it's a considerable drive for them to a LQS. Sad state of affairs for quilters!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:41 AM

I spoke with one of the fabric ladies at our Wal-Mart and she said she figured we would eventually lose our fabric but this may change it. I certainly hope so! I've recently complained about other ones that either lost or downsized and got the form letter about the 'celebration' focus. When I did my complaint I compared the 'bad' ones to our 'good' one and suggested that they listen to their customers instead of chasing a bright idea that looks good on paper.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:49 AM

This is great news for quilters on a fixed income like myself.