Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street. >

Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street.

Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by trueimage
How can I find out if my store will be getting fabric back? We lost all of ours in last years remodel.
I am not entirely sure how to find out. Wal-Mart's main focus this year is to get thier core customer back. They are going to try to go back to basics (ie basic, not trendy apparel). Fabric is part of that push but they will not comment on thier plans until they are finalized. I suggest you continue to ask for and @ fabric at your local Wal-Mart, post a reqest on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/walmart?ref=ts#!/topic.php?uid=159616034235&topic=22881
Old 10-15-2010, 06:18 AM

[quote=Yarn or Fabric]It is good that I have no car right now or else I'd be Walmart hopping just to see if there is any difference in our stores. I will say that none of our stores lost the fabric department but they definitely cut back quite a bit...

I was in Walmart last weekend and noticed that they were getting some really really sharp fabrics in. I just walked by an end cap and had to control myself from looking further... I'm glad that they decided to bring it back or add to it...[/quote

Did this endcap feature $5.00 bolts? I assume the endcap was new, correct?
Old 10-15-2010, 08:37 AM
kso

Our new Super WalMart opens Nov. 1. I am waiting to see how bad the fabric department is going to be. I've heard eveything from "it's just going to be smaller" to "it will be the same as it is now."

When they started the move to the new store they had a great clearance sale on fabric and then they seemed to put the brakes on it. Now the small amt of fabric on display is back to the same prices they were before the clearance sale.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by kso
Our new Super WalMart opens Nov. 1. I am waiting to see how bad the fabric department is going to be. I've heard eveything from "it's just going to be smaller" to "it will be the same as it is now."

When they started the move to the new store they had a great clearance sale on fabric and then they seemed to put the brakes on it. Now the small amt of fabric on display is back to the same prices they were before the clearance sale.
interesting . . . please keep me posted! thanks
Old 10-15-2010, 07:17 PM

I went to one of our walmarts that got rid of theirs acouple ears ago. And I found that they have the precuts I don't know how long they have had it. I didn't ask anyone if they were doing to go back to having more fabric as I was in a hurry. But I did look at it. Has anyone bought any of it yet? What do you think about it?They had alot of fq that I wanted but it seemed like it was a little thinner than some of the other fabric they used to have. I still am going to try it out though. It doesn't hurt
to give some things a try at least once.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:25 PM

Hopefully the WM in my town will restore fabric. We just lost two LQS in the last few months. The pickings are getting slim.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:56 PM

Our old walmart phased out fabric in the last few months. The new one, opened this week, does not have anything but a few fat quarters. I wonder if people around here have requested it. It'll be interesting to see.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Power Poster

I'm lucky to have a Walmart about half an hour from me that sells Warm and Nautral, muslin, and all the Pellon products by the bolt. It also has David's Fabrics for the Quilt of the Month which are wonderful. The store manager has resisted for five years to not get rid of the fabric dept and so far has won even through a remodel!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:01 PM

Our Wal-Mart just got rid of their fabric in this summer, I was away on holidays, and when I came back it was pretty gone, hopefully they'll be bringing it back, I know lots of people were dissapointed when all of a sudden, it was gone.

it wasn't too bad, would be nice if they came back with some better quality fabrics.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:20 AM

I hope they do. I'm tired of drving 40 miles and paying more when that is money that could be going into my store.