Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: A Farewell to Konstantin

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I'm thinking we should find the grapes BEFORE they sour and make some wine! :)
    And toast the good fortunes of all - Admin on his new wife/ life and Talia on inheriting all us :lol:
    ah! I'll have some of that :XD:
    Talia, you don't have to be a quilter to adopt us...we're not ALL, tee hee hee...going to nag you...I sure won't...you do what's fun for you...but, having said that...it does help to be a little kwazy, cuz at times, you may feel that way anyhow!
    Oh, gorilla man is going to missss us!!! (and visa versa)!

Dee
    Welcome Talia Rose. Best Wishes to Gorilla and his upcoming marriage. Will Miss seeing Konstanin On the e mail.
    Thanks for keeping things the way they are.

I am very new here but Welcome! So we will do this together as newbies.....

To everything , there is a time and place. Good luck to the outgoing and welcome aboard to the newby. Hardest part of your job is keeping the quilting police from using this forum to check on us.

Blog Entries
    welcome TaliaRose from sunny fl.

Welcome TaliaRose. You have big shoes to fill. Konstantin did a great job, and I wish him well.

Hope you have as much fun as that guy did. I too am a general crafter, but in the past 6 months or so have gotten VERY deep into quilting. So glad to welcome you - from NE Colorado.

Blog Entries
    Hi T and welcome from another Newbie !! and Mr. Gorilla - may you swing with your bride from a beautiful tropical forest . . that I hope to quilt one day !

Welcome TaliaRose, I also am new to this site, but I see you are also owned by cats. I dont beleive a quilt is finished untill my cat has slept on it and given it the approval.

Blog Entries
    Goodbye, Gorilla. Have a sweet life married to the gal of your dreams!
    Welcome TaliaRose! I haven't been a member long but really enjoy this quiltboard and have learned sew much!! You'll catch the fever, I'm sure of it!
    (This is going to be so much fun...trying to corrupt another young lady!! HeeHee!!)

Best wishes to Konstantin and his bride-to-be, and welcome TaliaRose.

Power Poster
    Best Wishes to the Konstantins and welcome TaliaRose.

good luck with your wedding mr gorilla, marriage is a great state of being!!!

welcome talia rose...oh, sunny southern calif..i grew up and lived in the same town (yes town) of norwalk, all my life until 9 years ago when we moved to houston, texas....although i love my new state, i do miss my cal weather!!!!.....anyway, good luck with the board, we already appreciate you coming on board (yes, pun intended!!)...gina

Congratulations and much affection to Mr. & Mrs Gorilla!

Welcome, TaliaRose. We will try not to drive you bonkers, but we probably will. Just know it is done with love.

I hope all goes well for Konstaitin and his bride to be. PatriceJ thank you for this update and I'm glad to see that your role does not change. Welcome TaliaRose from the snow covered state of Connecticut. :-) :-)

Welcome TaliaRose. Farewell Mr. Gorilla, you will be missed. God Bless all.

Ditto!

!
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Welcome TaliaRose!!:D We are so Happy that you are joining us as our new Moderator & we are looking forward to a wonderful year to come.
    :D :D :D :D

Good Bye to our beloved Gorilla & many congratulations to you & your new bride. We will miss you, but are glad to know that you are making such a wonderful change in your life.
    :D :D :D :D

A belated welcome to you Thalia Rose, I do not visit the main section too often, until now. But asthe saying goes: better late than never.

Congratulations to Konstantin in his marriage. Hope he is marrying someone who loves quilting.

Massachusetts / Vermont === Now in ==Green River Utah = Owner of GreenRiverKOA Campground
    Welcome... TallaRose, glad to have you aboard the quiltingboard,
    I 'm sure you are welcome by all,and I know you will be there for everyone .
    PatriceJ so glad you will be there also , and not change anything here at the board,bless you ,that is why I am still here enjoying everyone and their talents.
    So sorry that Garilla is leaving,but I wish him and his bride the best in life..hope his bride will some day be part of us here in quilting for him and their new family ..
    GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS ...
    KandiKane < Elaine >

Goodbye and good luck....oh to be young again....I'll miss seeing his name in my inbox every day. Couldn't we just call the replacement Konstantin as well...maybe K-2?

You don't suppose Konstantin has himself a "bridezilla" do you?

Welcome Talia Rose. We are from time to time a pain in the pahtootie - but we're worth every minute of it...

And Patrice, I for one, truly appreciate all the hours you put in to this sight. You must never sleep. I've dealt with you all hours of the night. Kudos to you sweetie! Good luck to all!

Quote Originally Posted by JJs
    I'm sure K made bookoodles of bucks on that transaction... so I don't think you have to feel too sorry for him.... does, "independently wealthy' mean anything to you....

Internet Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ:INET) is a leading Internet media company that operates community and e-commerce web sites in the automotive, careers, home, shopping, and travel and leisure categories. With a flexible and scalable platform, Internet Brands operates a rapidly growing network of websites that offer consumers the ability to share information through extensive online communities and make informed purchasing decisions.

Internet Brands’ sites are often leaders in their categories and have received dozens of best-in-class awards. Over 95% of the traffic to our websites is from non-paid sources.

Traffic Statistics Total Monthly Unique Visitors: 37 million Total Monthly Page Views: 620 million Source: Google Analytics, June 2008

and then they aren't doing too shabby either....

(Reuters) - Private equity firm Hellman & Friedman on Monday agreed to acquire internet media company Internet Brands INET.O for $640 million in cash.

I don't think I like the idea of 'them' owning 'my' posts.... bye
    And you act like that's a bad thing? I hope K made a fortune. I don't doubt this site was like raising a dozen kids all the same age. Anything K got from this was well earned. No doubt about it...

As for the new Admin... You're right - They are obviously talented!

Bye bye K, hi hi talia rose. welcome!

Goodbye and Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Gorilla
    Welcome Talia Rose.

I'm jumping on the "Welcome Talia" bandwagon. And here's wishing Mr. & Mrs. Gorilla the very best in life.

Welcome! Very cute kitties.

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaRose
    Hi QB,

My name is TaliaRose, I work with the company Internet Brands. We are located in sunny and warm Southern California, specifically El Segundo. I am excited to get to know you all and help out as needed.

I realize that the news of Konstantin leaving is a shock for many of you. While I am optimistic about this transition, I understand how some of you might be confused or concerned about what it means for you. QB is a place you’ve trusted with your quilting projects and personal experiences – the friends and bonds you’ve made here are something you value highly.

My main role as Admin is to provide support for PatriceJ (who will remain the Senior Moderator of QB). We have the benefit of a team of people at Internet Brands that will be able to help us if there are technical issues on the website.

Along with being a technology geek, I myself am a crafter. I love jewelry making and painting. I have to say, I’m not very good at sewing, although I am TRYING to learn and get better so I can make my own bags!! Maybe you all can teach me a few things about quilting!

I know many of you have questions. I am very responsive, so please do not hesitate to send me a PM or reply with your questions here.

- TaliaRose

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast