Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fat Quarter Quilt?

Thank you everyone for the many many links, tips and suggestions. I have had so much fun looking at all the different patterns. Now I have so many I want to make :)

Got a good laugh when I read the last line. I'm sure it was supposed to be "It" but thanks for the laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by amalia64
    someone posted a pattern that comes to my mind, I think it was like Stack N Slice, using FQ. I was pretty and looked easy.
    :lol:

I have seen both Teal and Yellow in black and white quilts. It does need to be bright.

I have collecting blavk and white material to make a french braid quilt. someone posted one on here several weeks ago. You could probaly find it thru search. best of luck

Two Kwik Quilters Trip Around the World is very fast to put together and almost no waste. For a full size quilt it would use 20 fat quarters.

np3
    Blog Entries
    My favorite is still the red. I love that look.

hi, a french braid would be bueatiful with a small accent of red as the small center block, or a lime green ,i made one its bueatiful..

ChristaQuilts.com carries it, as does materialgirlsfabrics.com

Blog Entries
    In MN we recently had the 2010 MN Shop Hop; the SE Section gave away 20 half yard cut bundles of black and white if you made it to all the shops in that section - some of the shops featured ideas to use your black and whites - I really liked the Blue Underground Studios pattern "A Bit Askew" it adds bits of color here and there; hopefully photo will show.

Blue Underground Studio A Bit Askew
    Name:  Attachment-70147.jpe
Views: 72
Size:  171.7 KB

Look into using a black batting....

I made my daughter a black and dark purple quilt and used a beige batting and that was a HUGE mistake. Now the batting pokes thru the fabric and little pieces of batting are all over the quilt like lint. I wish the quilter would have told me to use black batting, but I never even knew it existed.

pieced tree has a fat quarter quilt. At www.piecedtreepatterns.com
    Called fat 1/4 favorite

I'm making a black and white block of the month quilt now. I hope to use bright colors in black for the borders. I saw one at a quilt show and it was beautiful.

yellow, or purple, or orange, or teal or hot pink-get the pic?

MNM

Quote Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
    I have been wanting to make a black and white quilt for awhile now so I have been collecting fat quarters. Well now I have a ton. Black on black, white on white, black with white, white with black. You name it. Now I need a pattern. Does anyone have any pattern suggestions. I have looked at some and they all seem to waste so much of the fat quarter. And I want to add another color to it as well but I haven't decided if I should get a bunch of different fat quarters in that color (when I finally decide) or if I should just buy some yardage. Other than Red, which is definitely an option, what other color looks great? Thank you all for the help yet again.
    Red is my first choice, I have several black/white +red quilts.
    Bright Aqua would be my second choice. I only use a smidge of the red but that is all it takes for me.
    Show us the quilt when it is done. MNM

I saved the same fq colors and added yellow, bkack and white. The pattern I used was for a king size and was "Block Party" pattern. I would try "Fractions" if you dont want anything too difficult.

I am making a crazy quilt using the black and white, with red accents

Our guild had a black, white challenge and one other color of your choice. I used Nickel Quilts' Auturmn Stretched Star. Inside black border. Borders are yellow with the waste triangles at the corners and center of borders. Sized for wall hanging.

Our quilting guild exchanges block and we did a Black and White exchange and the guild designed a pattern for our exchange blocks. I have attached the pattern and a close up picture for the quilt I made for my daughter with red accents.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry the pattern didn't attach, so I am trying again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This was my first time with a pic and pattern and I just discovered that you can download the attached pattern by click on the "download" word on top and bottom of my pic of the quilt. Sorry for the duplication.

Georgia Peach your quilt is beautiful.

Thank you all for the suggestions and the links. I am thinking maybe teal or hot pink. As for patterns now I want to use all of them. There are so many pretty choices.

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler312
    In MN we recently had the 2010 MN Shop Hop; the SE Section gave away 20 half yard cut bundles of black and white if you made it to all the shops in that section - some of the shops featured ideas to use your black and whites - I really liked the Blue Underground Studios pattern "A Bit Askew" it adds bits of color here and there; hopefully photo will show.
    Oh, I love that one! Gotta do one soon.

I have done several B&W quilts, but my favorite so far has been the Depression Block.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor
    Got a good laugh when I read the last line. I'm sure it was supposed to be "It" but thanks for the laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by amalia64
    someone posted a pattern that comes to my mind, I think it was like Stack N Slice, using FQ. I was pretty and looked easy.
    :lol:
    Now I'm laughing, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quilterken
    My fav is Turning Twenty Again. It uses almost all of the fat quarter. You can put just about any bright clear color with b & w. lime, yellow, red, orange
    Turning Twenty Again is also a fav of mine. What pieces are left from cutting I put in a ziploc bag for some fun doll quilts.

Grammyp: I love your Depression block quilt! There are so many fabrics in it and it all goes together perfectly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast