Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat Quarter Ripe-off >

Fat Quarter Ripe-off

Fat Quarter Ripe-off

Old 09-25-2011, 08:35 PM

I love Ben Franklin too:)
Old 09-25-2011, 08:50 PM

I always cut the FQ I sell 19 inches instead of 18 so when they are prewashed they still are at least 18 inches
Old 09-25-2011, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth
I always cut the FQ I sell 19 inches instead of 18 so when they are prewashed they still are at least 18 inches
Thank You! You are obviously customer minded. We really appreciate your benevolence! Do you have an online store?
Old 09-26-2011, 06:00 AM

I think you have a right to talk to the store manager by taking those fat quarters by to the store.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by dixiechunk
So, what about the other other end of the spectrum? As ewecansew posited, do you run back to the store to give them back any extra fabric they might have given you in an overcut? Or, in that case is it okay to say it's their fault I'll just keep it?
Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
Originally Posted by ewecansew
Cutting fabric is not an exact science--we have all had off-cuts when we are cutting our own strips or squares.
I disagree. Measuring IS an exact science. By definition!

Yes we can all make a mistake, but most of us do not seek to sell our mistakes to others for a profit. You seem to think it is OK to do so?

Business should not get away with taking money under false pretences, even if this happens because of poor quality control, rather than intent to defraud.
Of course it is OK to keep it- stores deliberately give you a little extra to make sure they are giving you enough. (By the way, they also include this in their costings/pricing, so dont think it is free!)

Seriously, do people not realise how business works?
Old 09-26-2011, 04:56 PM

Seriously? Seriously? Seriously! I will not even bother to respond to this.
Originally Posted by dixiechunk
So, what about the other other end of the spectrum? As ewecansew posited, do you run back to the store to give them back any extra fabric they might have given you in an overcut? Or, in that case is it okay to say it's their fault I'll just keep it?
Originally Posted by ewecansew
Cutting fabric is not an exact science--we have all had off-cuts when we are cutting our own strips or squares.
I disagree. Measuring IS an exact science. By definition!

Yes we can all make a mistake, but most of us do not seek to sell our mistakes to others for a profit. You seem to think it is OK to do so?

Business should not get away with taking money under false pretences, even if this happens because of poor quality control, rather than intent to defraud.
Of course it is OK to keep it- stores deliberately give you a little extra to make sure they are giving you enough. (By the way, they also include this in their costings/pricing, so dont think it is free!)

Seriously, do people not realise how business works?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:00 PM

Heck yeah, say something. They should do something about it. After all you did buy the fabric.