fat quarters - new size? >

fat quarters - new size?

fat quarters - new size?

Old 07-24-2011, 05:10 PM

I think I would bring it to their attention. The price going up is one
thing but don't mess with the size unless you are going to call it
something else.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:20 PM

Hancock and JoAnn's always have smaller fats.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:21 PM

just like everything else in our world....cutting/packaging shorter/smaller and charging more........I really don't buy fat quarters anymore..they are too expensive.....but I will look the next time to see the size....and I will ask a stupid question to the sales associate....."why is this not a true fat quarter?" and I will say it loud enough for others to hear my question as well as the answer I get.....My fav is buying a box of 1/2 air and 1/2 cereal!!!!! Can't eat cardboard......not yet anyway!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 PM

It's been years since a 2X4 is actually 2" by 4". Guess the fabric world is catching on.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by gaevren
Originally Posted by Anna.425
I never buy fat quarters. If you do the math they are rarely more economical than purchasing a 1/4 of a yard.
I feel the same. I never buy fat quarters. I also tend to buy food in bulk whenever possible as well (and toilet paper, all those things we use all the time!) because the cost per unit is usually less. However, that's not always the case! I've noticed on some things I buy that the smaller-sized item is actually more economical (price per ounce or whatever) than the other way around...I wonder if it's because people have been taught for so long that buying bigger is cheaper? I carry a calculator everywhere!
Me, too. froggyintexas
Old 07-24-2011, 05:50 PM

Guess that's why I don't buy fat quarters. I would rather buy a yard and cut it into 4 pieces for a fraction of the cost of the 4 fat quarters. Cheaters!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:50 PM

fabric started at 36", maybe we are shrinking back.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas
Originally Posted by suezq
At least I no wknow that I am not crazy, as I saw the same thing. JoAnn Fabrics is a real rip off some times, unless they are having a great sale, or you manage to accummulate the coupons at 40% off a regular priced item.
WalMart is now bringing back to their stores a very nice line of fabrics, qujilting notions, as well as all of the accessories, and a lot of the fabric I saw was the same as JoAnn's had for several dollars more.
You will send some of our quilting buddies into shock by saying something nice about WalMart fabric! I am about to fussy cut some for the BIG center of what will become a colorful log cabin quilt, but I am going to keep it a secret that I bought the material/fabric for $3.47 a yard online from WalMart. They have the same fabric in the store now and I bought another two yards last week! Oh, dear. Now I've blown my cover! I can hear the quilt police coming for me--a user of WalMart fabric/material! froggyintexas
i shop wallie world too as I have a limited budget right now. Washed it all first and have made a lovely top for my dd. saving up now to get it quilted. smile.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:05 PM

At least I no wknow that I am not crazy, as I saw the same thing. JoAnn Fabrics is a real rip off some times, unless they are having a great sale, or you manage to accummulate the coupons at 40% off a regular priced item.
WalMart is now bringing back to their stores a very nice line of fabrics, qujilting notions, as well as all of the accessories, and a lot of the fabric I saw was the same as JoAnn's had for several dollars more.
You will send some of our quilting buddies into shock by saying something nice about WalMart fabric! I am about to fussy cut some for the BIG center of what will become a colorful log cabin quilt, but I am going to keep it a secret that I bought the material/fabric for $3.47 a yard online from WalMart. They have the same fabric in the store now and I bought another two yards last week! Oh, dear. Now I've blown my cover! I can hear the quilt police coming for me--a user of WalMart fabric/material! froggyintexas
i shop wallie world too as I have a limited budget right now. Washed it all first and have made a lovely top for my dd. saving up now to get it quilted. smile.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:05 PM