Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Quilting magazine

I would like to subscribe to a quilting magazine.

I just found out there are six of them in the US.

If you were to subscribe to just one quilting magazine, which one would you choose?

and why?

thanks

Blog Entries
    I like 'QUILTER SAMPLER', it is issued quarterly and it introduce LQS all across the US.

I have the same question!

Blog Entries
    fon's and porters is still good.
    look at magazines in www.ericas.com and see some of what she has and peek inside.

Blog Entries
    I have a ton of magazines...I like the ones that have quilts that I can actually make...I love the Better Homes and garden Quilting magazine, and The Quilter and McCall's quiting. Fons & Porter is ok...but more for advance quilters in my opinion but fun to look at. The Quilter Newsletter is ok...nothing I would get overly excited about...but if you like doing harder, art quilts there are a lot of ideas....I do love looking at all of them though.

I like Quilting Arts. I don't subscribe because it is expensive but I should because I almost always end up buying one.

What you want out of a magazine and what somebody else wants out of a magazine are likely to be two different things. I want more current trends and info so I subscribe to Quilter's Newsletter and Fabric Trends. If I wanted more patterns I'd go with The Quilter. That magazine has 16 to 18 great patterns every month.

Blog Entries
    If they are all sealed in plastic at your stores, try your library and see if they have any that appeal to you. Most mags specialize in a "type" of quilt :D:D:D

I like them all! Saddly they are expensive, so I buy them used whenever I can!

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    If they are all sealed in plastic at your stores, try your library and see if they have any that appeal to you. Most mags specialize in a "type" of quilt :D:D:D
    Aren't you wise? I think I will take a look at my local library. Thanks.

I like Fons and Porter and McCalls the best They both have great articles How tos and patterns

Quote Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
    I like 'QUILTER SAMPLER', it is issued quarterly and it introduce LQS all across the US.
    I believe Quilt Sampler only comes out twice a year...Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter. It is published by Better Homes & Gardens.

I go to half price books. a lot of people turn in their when finished reading and I don't mind if they are a little older copies. fons and porter is my favorite. have fun.

I love "The Quilter" have made more quilts from it than any other magazine. I just oredered "Quilt" because they were offering 6 issues for $9.96! Best price for a quilt mag. that I have seen for a long time. Hoping it is a good one.

Blog Entries
    I have taken the same quilt magazine for years, and I haven't found one yet as good as the "Quilt" magazine. I love the down to earth patterns, and easy directions. It costs $10 a yr. Very worth it.

Blog Entries
    thanks for letting us know

Quote Originally Posted by sak658
    I have taken the same quilt magazine for years, and I haven't found one yet as good as the "Quilt" magazine. I love the down to earth patterns, and easy directions. It costs $10 a yr. Very worth it.

I recommend either American Patchwork & Quilting, McCalls Quilting, or Quiltmaker.

So good to see your feedback. I will be looking forward to getting the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sak658

Quilter's Home. It has great articles more than patterns, but I don't really need patterns at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mamaw
    I recommend either American Patchwork & Quilting, McCalls Quilting, or Quiltmaker.
    These are my favorites also. I especially like the quilting diagrams in Quiltmaker.

Quilter's Home Magazine.
    I like it because it has stuff to read about not just a ton of patterns. There are 3 patterns each issue but I really enjoy the articles about the quilters, designers, etc.... it's a "fun" magazine IMO.

Blog Entries
    "Quilt" has been my favorite for years. I like scrappy, and they usually have at least one pattern in each issue. They are more traditional, not so artsy.

You are right on with Half Pticed Books...Their used quilt magazines are 50 cents where I go!

I bought "quick quilts" for my sis who is just learning. I myself like "quilt".

Did they always charge for shipping? I don't remember that. The issues that feature different patterns, and only PART of the pattern is featured, and you will have to buy 3 or 4 issues to get the entire patter - THAT is what I stay away from!.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast