Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sewing Machine Brand

I love my old Berninas 1080 & Nova also my FW.

Blog Entries
    Pfaff, will always be my favorite, my hubs just bought me another Pfaff I have the 1469 and he just bought me a 1471 that was on ebay, i am waiting for it to come. These machines are so well made and hold up for years, I have had the 1469 for 25 years. Love them.

Blog Entries
    I thought of something. What about the extra feet I've purchased? If I stay with a Brother will I still be able to use them?

I just bought a new Brother quilting sewing machine SQ 9000. I just love it.

I have a Janome that I have had for 12 years, never been to the shop and will still sew thru several layers of denim, it has made 50 quilts or more and lots of patching. I clean it regularly myself. If I ever have the money to buy a new one it will be Janome.

I replaced my Viking about five years ago because I couldn't find anyone to service it locally. I bought a Pfaff, which I also love but the machines are very different. Finally, I got the Viking reparied, kept both and actually tend to use both of them. I'd unhesitatingly recommend a Viking though. Great machine.

Quote Originally Posted by feffertim
    I love my husquvarna viking

I too love my husquevarna... but mostly I use my Singer #319 (I used to teach for Singer back in 1954) I also have a White Serger, which I use a lot.. most of all, I like my Singer.. I also have 2 treadle machines, (one an old German, in a hand-carved "box"...) and an american treadle,for which I must find some replacement parts... and then 4 other Singers, which I want to sell..(table models, not desk models..) I also have a pleater, which which to do smocking, and love all of my 'toys'..

The Sunny Side of Florida - Sarasota County
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure how much money you have to spend. I didn't have much and bought a SE400. I really did have a difficult time at first because I was told to use the 40 wt thread...
    BUT if you try to do a wonderfully detailed lots of fill design, you're, going to find the thread is WAY too heavy and it'll "eat" your fabric. So, now I use 50-60 wt thread (ThreaDesign makes it in 24 embroidery colors - yes it is embroidery thread). It is wonderful for stippeling on a quilt as well as embroidery work. I just select a design with less fill and it usually comes out beautifully.
    Happy stitching. SandyG

Blog Entries
    [quote=Mattee]If I had unlimited funds? Bernina, without a question.

My Brother wants to be a Bernina when it grows up!

Blog Entries
    Janome...I have three and they last forever!

Blog Entries
    I have a White (older and a workhorse), a newer Singer which is garbage, a cheapy Brother ($80 or less off Amazon) that is awesome. Then there's my Domestic treadle machine - so pretty and what a workhorse. Waiting on a new part for it to make it sing again!

Ok I will add my 2 cents.
    I have owned, Singer Golden Touch and Sew (hated it); Kenmore, upgraded to a Janome New Home (not computerized) a great work horse, out on loan with my foster daugher at college. I have a straight stitch Brother 1500, Love love my Elna Quilters Dream that I am wearing out, so just purchased Babylock Quest Plus.

I am currently a Bernina 820 worshiper.

I'm with you, Pfaff owner. I have always had Pfaffs. I presently have the 2140 with embroidery attachment. I also have the Bernina 630, but I did not buy the embroidery unit. I bought it for the Stitch Regulator. It sure has alot of icons on it. I get confused.
    All in all, I love the Pfaff the best.

I have all husqvarna viking machines -- Older D1 (for basic sewing projects but can also do embroidery) and newer D1 (for all my machine embroidery) and a Huskylock 1003 serger -- all made in Sweden. I just love the machines. The service from
    the shop I purchased them is just wonderful.

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    I think that is the key to buying a machine, can you get it serviced locally. Here in our town one of the dealers services all makes and models and is very reasonably priced. They are wonderful even if you didn't buy their brand of machine.

Blog Entries
    Janome all the way.
    But I also like taking my Featherweight for a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    I know there are lots of different opinions on what brand is their favorite. I think I've limited myself to just Brother because I don't know what else is good. Tell me...what's your favorite brand?
    I love the way Babyloc sews, as well as Bernina. I'm using a Janome basic DC2010, but I'd love to have Baby. or Bernina.

Blog Entries
    I have a Fleetwood (made by Necchi) that is over 50 yrs old and still sews great. I also have a Singer FM-22C which sews great too. I would love to have one of the embroidery machines, but can't swing it now.

It depends on what you want to do with it and what you can afford. I have 4 machines because I use the different features. I have Baby Lock, Brother, Husqvarna and Pfaff. I use the Brother the most. Would also like to get the Bernina 830 but can't afford it. I have used friends' other branded machines to assist them sew or mend, do minor repairs or help with quilt projects and they were lower end models that did not appeal.
    My advice is that you don't need to buy a machine with all of the bells and whistles on it if you are not going to use them.A good utility machine can work wonders in the hands of an artist.

I like my old singer and my FW but I love my 930 BERNINA !!!

I have 17 machines of which only 2 don't work. Of the ones I use, it is Bernina all the way. I love the features, the dealer support, the options, the knee lift, everything. The stitches are supberb and consistent every time.

I love my Babylock, if I had it to do all over I'd still go to Babylock, I have Elegante, BMP. Evolve Serger, and Crown Jewel . Absolutely love my machines and Dealer . Ruth @Ruthies Notions.

Love my Baby Lock saving for another

I have one embroidery machine, a Pfaff 2170, two old mechanical workhorse Pfaffs, a 130 and a 262, a handcrank Frister and Rossmann, and my mother's treadle, which is a New England Queen. Not really in market for any new machines except a machine for quilting with a harp larger than 8 inches which is what the old Pfaffs have. If so I would test drive the Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.0, Janome Horizon, and by all means the Husquvarna Vikings equivalent.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast