Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Favorite Sewing Machine Brand

Love my older german Pfaff's, Juki and vintage Singers...still looking for a feathweight but am so happy with what I have.♥

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I love my 2 Brothers but I like my Jukki for certain things too.

I have always personally loved the Berninia. I feel personally that they are the cadies of the sewing machines, IMVHO. I have the 1230 model and have never had a day of trouble with her at all. She is a great workhorse and I will be sooooo very sad when she gives up the ghost. Hope that is a very long time away. Not really sure what I will be doing for a machine after that. :( Jennifer

I love my Brother machines.

Nothing sews like a Bernina.......Nothing!
    Janet

I love Brother as well, I have owned 3 Brother embroidery machines and 2 Brother mechanicals.

Then one day I was in Sears and they had a Kenmore machine on sale that someone had returned. It was an unbelievable deal so I strayed and purchased it. My electronic Brother became the machine I took to classes and the Kenmore became my primary home machine.

Then, out of curiosity, I bought a Pfaff machine. It had the best stitching I'd ever seen on a machine, and the IDT foot was awesome, but I just wasn't comfortable with it so sold it to a gal who was thrilled to have it.

The Brother mechanical got too heavy to take to classes so I purchased a Janome Gem and love it.

Then I fell in love with the Singer Rocketeer and my son got me one for my birthday last year.

I was at my favorite dealer one day and he had a used Bernina Deco embroidery machine that looked really cool so I purchased it. I love the designs on it, and it's compatible with my Brother software, usually I have both machines going at the same time.

So I guess the point I'm trying to make is, if you stray you will find there a lot of other fun machines to try, and like, out there. I'm still partial to Brother though (and, on a side note, Kenmore, Brother, Janome and also an older model of the Euro Pro (I own that one too, it's pretty awesome, Target sold them at one time) all share the same manufacturer).

And, like Enchanted Quilter, I have sergers too - Juki, Singer, Hobbylock, and Elna. They're all great!

Blog Entries
    I have a Kenmore ( 6 yrs old) ,, a Domestic (japan made)39 yrs and Singer Featherweight (58 yrs old) My Kenmore and Domestic are simular in use (zig zag, straight, other stitches).... I would love an embroidery machine or one that is both sewing/embroidery... That is my next venture.

Bernina or Singer Featherweight

Quote Originally Posted by darlin121
    I love Love LOVE my Babylock and Brother!
    Me too! Love my Babylock!!!

Janome!!

Blog Entries
    I have heard that Pfaff only makes commercial machines. Wonder if anyone else has heard that.

Ruby the Quilter

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    Love the beagle picture. We have two! When you look for a new machine I always think about having it serviced or repaired. I am fortunate that my local Babylock dealer repairs all kinds of machines as I need something done on my Brother Embroidery machine and he was able to fix it. The closest Brother dealership is 1 1/2 hours drive from me.

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter
    I have heard that Pfaff only makes commercial machines. Wonder if anyone else has heard that.

Ruby the Quilter
    Not sure what you mean by commercial machines. Pfaff makes machines for home use as I have numerous friends that love their Pfaff machine.

Blog Entries
    I heard they are no longer making sewing machines for the home but have gone to making commercial machines. Maybe to discourage to find a Pfaff dealer and look at their brand.

Ruby the Quilter

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter
    I heard they are no longer making sewing machines for the home but have gone to making commercial machines. Maybe to discourage to find a Pfaff dealer and look at their brand.

Ruby the Quilter
    Pfaff is still making home sewing machines. They have also made a short arm quilting machine and have several new models of home sewing machines that combine larger throats and embroidery.

I have 2 Kenmores set up one is older machine and the other we bought new last year can't tell the difference in the sewing. I have a Brothers love the self threading, push button control but find it harder to sew over joined seams with more than two thickness like you have on many quilt projects, also find it much more easy to tangle and ball up bobbin threads just more touchey the Kenmores are work horses that just keep plugging along. This is more my speed.

The Sunny Side of Florida - Sarasota County
    Blog Entries
    I started out with a Brother SE 250 and just bought an old workhorse ... A Brother ULT2003D.
    I love it!!
    Right now I'm making a wall hanging of the Old Hobo Signs from the depression and am using quotes from Will Rogers and Mark Twain. Oh, yeah, I have one or two from Jefferson.
    But my favorites are from Will Rogers. Everything he said applies so well to life today.

Hobo Signs
    Name:  Attachment-267483.jpe
Views: 42
Size:  73.4 KB

Will Rogers Sayings (some)
    Name:  Attachment-267484.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  103.1 KB

I digitized this pic of Will Rogers
    Name:  Attachment-267485.jpe
Views: 38
Size:  64.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by vschieve
    I have one embroidery machine, a Pfaff 2170, two old mechanical workhorse Pfaffs, a 130 and a 262, a handcrank Frister and Rossmann, and my mother's treadle, which is a New England Queen. Not really in market for any new machines except a machine for quilting with a harp larger than 8 inches which is what the old Pfaffs have. If so I would test drive the Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.0, Janome Horizon, and by all means the Husquvarna Vikings equivalent.
    Since the reply above I have retired from work and my retirement gift to myself! ta da......the new Viking Husqvarner Diamond Deluxe! I love love love it!!!

The Sunny Side of Florida - Sarasota County
    Blog Entries
    I've tried to get back to my overlarge pics and find I am unable to. Can the moderator PLEASE delete them??
    Thanks so very much.
    Sandy G

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandygoshorn
    I've tried to get back to my overlarge pics and find I am unable to. Can the moderator PLEASE delete them??
    Thanks so very much.
    Sandy G
    To make sure they see your request, you should IM one, give them the thread name and page #.

I have a Janome 6500, a 1955 Singer 99k, a White, A 1898 Singer Treadle, a Singer serger... All work and love them all:)

Blog Entries
    Boy, I agree with you about the Singer Golden in Touch, it was the worse machine I have ever owned.

I have had a White, Singer, Brothers, Edna and now I have 3 great Babylocks. Babylock, Decorators Choice, love that one and take it to class every week. It stays in my car most of the time, then I have the Baby Lock Quilters Quest I use that for most of my sewing and my love of all loves my Baby Lock "Ellisimo", This does embroidery as well as general sewing, they are the best machines I have ever used. They all have needles that auto thread, for we get older can't see the hole in the needle anymore this is a great thing to have.

I use them all. Now the prices range from $900 to $9,000. The Elisimo is like buying a car price wise.

Blog Entries
    My vintage machines are mostly Singers, but I also have used and like White and Kenmore. If I were looking for a new machine, however, I'd likely look for a Janome or Bernina if I could afford it.

I have 2 Janome's and love them.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6