Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Featherweights

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
    Quote Originally Posted by kso
    Try posting the message that you are looking for a FW on any message board that you frequent.

I subscribe to some horse oriented boards and posted that I was looking for one (make sure you post a pic).

I HAVE A NIBBLE ON A BOOO-TIFUL WHITE ONE!
    Another thing to do is to mention to everyone that you know that you are looking for/interested in the old black Singer machines. You'd be surprised at the people who have them and don't know what to do with them. I was getting my teeth cleaned and got into a conversation with the hygienist about vintage machines. Next thing I knew, she was GIVING me her grandmothers' Singer model 99. You might just find that someone has a FW that they would be willing to sell you at a reasonable price!
    I have a 99 and it is AWESOME! I love that thing! I use it more than any other machine that I have (have 5 right now)!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngieS
    I too would love a featherweight but know right now its just not possible. So, I will wait till one comes along relatively cheap.
    I suggest you buy a Singer 301. They are usually much less money. I have both a FW and 301 and like them equally. The 301 is somewhat heavier but still easy to carry. Plus the 301 is more powerful than the FW if you are working on a heavier project. Good luck finding what you want...

I had so much trouble figuring out the auction etiquette on Ebay. That's why it's so surprising that I got mine on EBAY for $199. I had been watching the bidding for 4 or 5 months because all I had to pay for it was $225. One day at work I flicked over to EBAY and there was a "buy now" for $199. I couldn't order it from work so figured it was "meant to be" if it was still there when I got home...it was....I bought it and have been happy as a lark ever since. Set the price you're will to pay and check often, and you will find one eventually.

Blog Entries
    I live in Kansas City and have been wishing for a FW for years now. Earlier this year my DD that lives in Atlanta found me one on Craig's list for a price that I was willing to pay. I haven't seen it, but she says it's cute and ask me what are you going to do with that little thing. When I get there she will see what I'm going to do with it. Keep looking it will happen for you. There's a member on the VMS forum, that states, "the machine find us."

Yeah, I figure when the time is right. ;) Just wish it was right, right now! LOL!! :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngieS
    Yeah, I figure when the time is right. ;) Just wish it was right, right now! LOL!! :)
    Yes, being the impateince beings as we are, we tend to wish for the right now. Good luck, it will happen for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2