Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Feedback on FMQ attempt >

Feedback on FMQ attempt

Feedback on FMQ attempt

Old 09-27-2009, 08:51 PM

Some great advice! I can do FMQ on "practice sandwiches" & they look beautiful but when I get a whole quilt under the machine, I have trouble bec the quilt comes alive & wants to move when I don't want it to move! Then I get a strange looking stitch!? I have tried all sorts of things to stop this but still have trouble once in awhile. One thing I read from the 'pros' is that you need to do practice EVERY time you are going to do FMQ! Just bec you get it good once, the next time you do it, it could be like starting all over again! sounds discouraging but it's not, you just keep getting better! Have fun with it! If it doesn't turn out the way you want it, change it so it all looks alike! Then it looks like you planned it that way! haha!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:49 PM

Your top thread is way too loose . It needs to be tightened until you get a good stitch. Go a little at a time and try the stitch. You should not have loops from the top. If the loops are on the bottom, your top thread is getting tighter and tighter going through the machine. My daugher told me to get a cone thread holder so that the thread would come off easily into the machine. Solved all my problems. I hope that makes sense.