Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
feeling guilty about quilting >

feeling guilty about quilting

feeling guilty about quilting

Old 05-11-2009, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by quiltswithdogs
Hi everybody, you all convinced me to return to quilting!
Some days I can work on it for an hour, others 20min, others not at all. But I'm having fun, even just thinking about it. My husband is happy to see me enjoying my quilting room again (while we still have our home) and he looks at my work on my wallboard with interest. What I am currently doing is this board's 09 Pioneer BOM that started in January. So far, I've done the blocks for Jan and Feb! When I get photos of them, I will post them on the BOM posts.
Cathy
I am so glad! And, if hubby is enjoying your ability, I would say he is showing you quite clearly that you are providing him with affirmation. Women don't always understand what drives a husband and father, but it is so important for hubby to KNOW that he has provided you supplies and a place for your enjoyment. And, he is encouraging you by paying attention to what you are doing. What a stamp of approval!
There were days at work that I would just get it from all sides, it seemed. I would become more and more agitated and angry (I could think of about five other people that could have used some of those chewing outs <g>)
I got home from work one night, and then hubby came home - - he REALLY likes me, and I have hardly ever had him get angry with me over anything, very supportive of anything I want to do as long as it is legal, moral, eithical, logical and we can afford it - -<g>
Anyway, as we passed the evening, I realized ... this guy REALLY likes me! and, that work over there? Heck! It could disappear tomorrow, but hubby will always be here ... I am a really lucky gal!
The next day, I went to work and it started again. I finally grabbed the supervisor and said: You do what you want to me, but I want you to know this: My husband thinks I am about the best thing since sliced bread and your opinion of me doesn't mean beans. I am not going to let you bug me ever again, because my husband likes me just fine!
She was so stunned by my completely off the wall remark, she never came after me again ...
And, I say this to help you understand that when you are doing the best you can and you like hubby and show him by doing what you can do to participate in your life ... you give him something NO ONE on earth can give ... and, it is important ... everyone needs to know there is someone on their side and who can be trusted to always work for their best interest.
Sounds to me like you are doing a good job! Keep up the good work!
And, I am very glad that you are controlling your life, rather than let circumstances control your mindset. Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers ....