Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Fess up...do you own any quilts bought from a store or catalog or tv shopping?

I bought a beautiful Batik lap quilt at a consignment shop at a Quilt show. The price was less than I could make it and have it quilted and I liked it.

Absolutely. JC Penney has very nice quilts and I've bought several over the years. I also have two that were mde by the Amish. Ever been to an Amish quilt auction? Very much fun. Especially when you win the bid!

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    Before I started quilting, I bought three quilts from a department store, but since then I have bought quilts from other quilters. I have bought baby quilts when in a pinch and don't have time to make one for the baby shower. There is a long arm quilter who sells quilts she makes and once in a while I will buy one of her's. They are beautiful and very reasonably priced. It's like being an artist and buying a painting someone else painted. If I love it, I'll buy it. But not anymore from dept. stores or TV.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I have a commercial comforter on my bed and Pat bought me a hand-quilted wallhanging on a trip to South Carolina. Everything else in the house is made by me.

Blog Entries
    I bought a raggedy old quilt from a thrift store. Does that count? I couldn't stand the thought that some one buy it and use it for changing their oil or wrapping a tire in it.
    We would worry less about what others think of us if we realized how seldom they do.

Yes, I do. I bought them to put on the bed so the dog toenails wouldnt ruin a good, handmade one.

Yes, the one on my bed is a cheapo from walmart-I think on clearance for 20 dollars. I was just thinking the other day, that every other room in my house has quilts I made, but I've never got around to making me one for my bed! But I do like my cheapo quilt - it's kind of thin, so cool for the summer, and I like the pattern and colors!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

I have to tell you, that's what started me quilting....I loved quilts and kept buying them...finally started making them.

No. I do have some woven throws and a down comforter, but no quilts.

Blog Entries
    I have two, both of which I still love and use (I switch between for summer and winter), each bought on half-price sale from The Company Store--before I became a quilter! Since I have not even managed to make a lap quilt for myself yet, they will have to do for a while. Both are strip-pieced patterns, and both slightly wonky--still my favorite kind!

Blog Entries
    Yes - 2 double wedding ring quilts - I knew I'd never make one myself. Neither one held up very well, seams popped quilting came undone. But they sure were nice in the beginning the served their purpose.

Alas, to say I do---but I have 4 dogs who are bed jumpers, bone buriers, you get the picture. I use the bought ones to cover the ones I have made during the day when the terrors are active or when they are home alone. If they rip (and they do) I just sew them up or patch them. They are also the ones we drag to the beach in the afternoons. Have been washed countless times. They are totally utilitarian and not decorative at all. I can just whip them off when I want the others to be seen!

Actually, yes I do have several cheapo quilts that I bought at Walmart. Horrors ! But I use them as utility quilts to throw on the couch and the beds. My comfort loving Labs don't care if their quilts come from Wally World.
    Sweet Caroline

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4