Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Follow up on my quilt police visit. >

Follow up on my quilt police visit.

Follow up on my quilt police visit.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:05 AM

I don't care what problems this girl may have in her life, mental illness included there is NO excuse for bad manners.

In case I've upset anyone I have a daughter with Bi Polar disorder so have had experience with mental illness. I would never accept this type of rudeness, EVER.
As I said in the previous post you sound like a confident "Lady". and it sound like you are over this.
Keep on Quilting & designing.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
You know, the cousin actually sounds as if she has a mental illness. Sounds like some women I have known with untreated bipolar disorder.
I agree - I see this a lot in my work. It is confronting and rude behaviour, and they have no insight into it when they are unwell.
She will also not appreciate anyone mentioning it to her.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:05 AM

I think you handled it very nicely. I was told once that when handling a difficult person imagine them as a small child holding their mother hand and then you can get a better perspective of the person. Because after all we are just people trying to get through each day the best we can.
Lisa
Old 10-24-2011, 08:10 AM

some people are so stupid. I have a boss that told me that anyone that gave something homemade as gift was just cheap in his eyes, he didn't give back the quilt I made him.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by kuntryquilter
I think the person has a problem and is very unhappy. I think we should pray for her, not bash her. We really don't know what she is dealing with.
Oh she would have needed prayer if she'd treated me like that!! In fact, I'd have laid hands on her too!!!!! As I threw her rude fanny out of my house!!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 AM

Did someone mention Aspberger's? Yes, we can babble on and not be aware of someone's reaction. But there is no excuse for bad manners and being critical of someelse's work. May that young woman figure it out.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Wingsofjoy
Usually Walmart quilt don't make it past the first washing.
Gosh you just thumb nosed Walmart for there fabric isn't that what your cousin was doing to you? Walmart has quilty quilt fabric as well as thinner fabric for sewing clothing. My quilts have not fallen apart. I have sewn many things from there fabric....should think hard about this before blowing someone off like that!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Wingsofjoy
Usually Walmart quilt don't make it past the first washing.
Gosh you just thumb nosed Walmart for there fabric isn't that what your cousin was doing to you? Walmart has quilty quilt fabric as well as thinner fabric for sewing clothing. My quilts have not fallen apart. I have sewn many things from there fabric....should think hard about this before blowing someone off like that!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

Even reading more about this person is just hard to believe. She has to be a very lonely person, because I can't imagine her having any friends as rude as she is. It sounds like her way or no way.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
how old was this cousin? goodness, talk about knowing it all! One day she will get a wake up call.
I don't think rude people ever learn, she will go thru life one miserable person when she doesn't have any friends left, or cousins!