Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Follow up on my quilt police visit. >

Follow up on my quilt police visit.

Follow up on my quilt police visit.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:44 PM

It's a shame your friend had to make an apology for the way her cousin acted.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:39 PM

I'm sending you a hug. I was right I know when someone is trying to make themselves feel better, and it didn't even work. Don't you feel bad for her, she didn't even feel she was wrong, but have been wronged. You will always be someone to look up to in my eyes.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
Originally Posted by Wingsofjoy
Usually Walmart quilt don't make it past the first washing.
Gosh you just thumb nosed Walmart for there fabric isn't that what your cousin was doing to you? Walmart has quilty quilt fabric as well as thinner fabric for sewing clothing. My quilts have not fallen apart. I have sewn many things from there fabric....should think hard about this before blowing someone off like that!
I don't know for sure, but I think its possible that Deborah 12687 was referring to the already done quilts from China for sale at Walmart and other discount retailers, and not referring to the fabric available for making quilts and clothing from Walmart. I purchased a few of these quilts from China and turned them into drapes when we lived in a house with little to no insulation and very leaky windows. And I can tell you, from this experience, I had to repair many seams after the first washing, and within two washings the backing fabric was beginning to pill up.

I mean, I am not sure about what Deborah meant, but I do think it was quite obvious what the young lady, in the original post, did mean to the quilter she visited. This "quilt police" lady meant to "tell the cousin's friend how to make a quilt because she was too old to know better"!!! To make a statement that the quilts at Walmart are not quality and do fall apart after one washing is not the same as one expressing horror at the way this young lady was so rude to her cousin's friend.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by kaykwilts
Gosh you just thumb nosed Walmart for there fabric isn't that what your cousin was doing to you? Walmart has quilty quilt fabric as well as thinner fabric for sewing clothing. My quilts have not fallen apart. I have sewn many things from there fabric....should think hard about this before blowing someone off like that!
I don't know for sure, but I think its possible that Deborah 12687 was referring to the already done quilts from China for sale at Walmart and other discount retailers, and not referring to the fabric available for making quilts and clothing from Walmart. I purchased a few of these quilts from China and turned them into drapes when we lived in a house with little to no insulation and very leaky windows. And I can tell you, from this experience, I had to repair many seams after the first washing, and within two washings the backing fabric was beginning to pill up.

I mean, I am not sure about what Deborah meant, but I do think it was quite obvious what the young lady, in the original post, did mean to the quilter she visited. This "quilt police" lady meant to "tell the cousin's friend how to make a quilt because she was too old to know better"!!! To make a statement that the quilts at Walmart are not quality and do fall apart after one washing is not the same as one expressing horror at the way this young lady was so rude to her cousin's friend.
I got upset when someone states "usually Walmart quilts don't make it past the first washing. It was on the top of the begining post.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:18 PM

Well this was really a bad situation for the 2 to encounter but someone needs to give that cousin some guidance about life, relationships & common courtesy. Life is so short to be bearing unnecessary burdens.

I am glad to hear that she didn't affect you guys relationship!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by kaykwilts

I agree. I interpreted this to only reference Walmart's ready made quilts and certainly not a reference to any quilter's quilt made with Walmart fabrics.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:30 PM

You were certainly kind to be so forgiving for all the nasty comments that girl made. Even if someone's work was the worse ever, there is no reason to be so critical and nasty. From what I gathered from the first post, this girl was not a friend and had just met you. Her parents must be so proud of the way she turned out. I've always believed that you can't fix stupid.
Sue
Old 10-29-2011, 11:27 AM

She sounds like a very spoiled young lady.