Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Motion Slider

Thank you so much! I am thrilled to know this and thanks for the great pics to go with.

I just want to mention this stuff works fabulous in the oven as well. I work in a commercial kitchen and it sure makes quick work of an oven spill over.

Laura

Thanks for a great suggestion and clever idea!! My Supreme Slider has needed replacing for quite a while and I'm anxious to try this. By following your instructions, I can get a larger and even more slippery surface at half the cost!

I wanted a table for my Viking machine to make machine quilting a bit less cumbersome, but the cost of the table through Viking was $200. Then at a quilt guild meeting I saw a home made table, this was made of MDF and painted. I enlisted the help of my hubby, and we purchased a piece of plexi glass, and 5 short table legs. Now I have a large table that fits my machine for under $30.00. It it's a bit rough around the edge that fits against the machine, but it serves the purpose. We quilters are quite resourceful aren't we.

Thanks for sharing that idea. I have used the oven sheet as a press cloth when doing fusible applique. Found mine at Menards for about $5.

Very clever. Amazing what quilters will discover. thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by seleyrn
    I wanted a table for my Viking machine to make machine quilting a bit less cumbersome, but the cost of the table through Viking was $200. Then at a quilt guild meeting I saw a home made table, this was made of MDF and painted. I enlisted the help of my hubby, and we purchased a piece of plexi glass, and 5 short table legs. Now I have a large table that fits my machine for under $30.00. It it's a bit rough around the edge that fits against the machine, but it serves the purpose. We quilters are quite resourceful aren't we.
    I would get me a roll of that tape the guys use for furnace vents and put it on the rough edges, if the edge is thick enough to use it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by quilt3311
    Thanks for sharing that idea. I have used the oven sheet as a press cloth when doing fusible applique. Found mine at Menards for about $5.
    Thanks for that little tip. I will have to have another one now!!! By the way, they had one that was $9.99 that was a little thinner. I think I'll get this one for the applique mat... Then I can use another 20% off coupon. They will even take the outdated coupons at ours.

Blog Entries
    What a great idea. Our local Christmas Tree Shop sells these for under $10. I have one in my oven but will pick another up next time I'm down there.

What a wonderful idea. You are the best.

Seleym - You can sand down those rough edges on your table by just using a hand (palm)sander.Featherweight, what a great idea. Thanks

I ordered the Supreme Slider two days ago. I wish I had waited. This sound so much better. I may go out and buy this anyway.

Quilters are a special bunch of frugal gals and guys. Now you can use the leftover cash for stash. great tip Thanxx

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    The Slider is super slick. I haven't found anything that slicky to use for a substitute that didn't cost the same or more.
    Same here. I think the size and slide potential of the supreme slider are excellent, and the under side is tacky enough that it doesn't need any thing else to hold it in place if your machine bed is clean. Glad you found something that works for you tho,. :)

You ladies are full of creative ideas and solutions! Thanks for the tips!

Oh, woe is me...just ordered a set of sliders YESTERDAY...
    very helpful hint...sorry I am not able to use it.

What a great idea. After you do your lap quilt with it would love to see it. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Can you tell me the name of the shelf liner? I probably then can get it at Amazon.com. I do a lot of shopping there and they have the chef'splanet there also. Will order the two things together then.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Quote Originally Posted by luvspaper
    Great idea, but how do you deal with having to change bobbins? Does it bend up enough to get underneath it?

(I made a small piece for my machine bed and I have to tape it down and then untape to change. My machine is NOT flush to my table unfortunately)
    It isn't taped down. That is what the shelf liner is for, it keeps it from moving. It is soft like vinyl and I just lift it up and change my bobbin.

Necessity is the mother of invention! Good job figuring this one out and saving money to boot!

I'm lost even with the pictures. What in the world is a slider?

Great idea! Thanks for posting!

AWESOME!! I've got to get one of these!! Thank you!

Great idea! I have one of those oven protectors but haven't used it yet because I need to clean the oven first. Rats! However, I got mine at Menards (hardware/lumber store like Lowe's or Home Depot here in the midwest) for less than $5.

I am new to quilting and need more info on free motion quilting-any help would be appreciated

I've never heard of this?! Does it really work?

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtreme
    Beth, Very clever. I will have to get two: one for my oven didn't even know they made these things; two for FM.

Thanks for the photos also. :thumbup: :-D
    Yep, I am with you, one for the oven and one for the machine! Really cool idea, thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast