Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gifts for coworkers? ! >

Gifts for coworkers? !

Gifts for coworkers? !

Old 09-22-2014, 07:14 AM

I personally like the idea of a holiday mug rug with a cookie tied to it. Or... a mug rug with a tea bag... little card saying enjoy a cup of tea on me. The book mark is clever...could add the tea bag with it too. One year a friend of mine made cookies and placed a couple in a ziplock bags with a note. She decorated a basket and put all the ziplock bags with cookies in there. So all of her workers got a pack of cookies and the notes said Merry Christmas from Crystal but one of the notes had & please enjoy the basket!

I used to feel the pressure of starting a tradition of making for everyone and the pressure but then it occurred to me that was me stealing my own joy. I like making stuff and giving it to people in my life. My gift offering is a way to show appreciation to others and that's the best part of giving.

So with that said, please make and do what your heart tells you. Like my mom used to say, you will never be sorry for doing what's right. Just figuring out what right is for you is the tough part!
Old 09-22-2014, 07:22 AM

If you really want to make them something, everyone can use potholders. Use insulbrite instead of batting though.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:23 AM

using leftover blocks from quilts is an excellent way to make potholders
Old 09-22-2014, 07:26 AM

Thank you cards go a long way. The art of a written thank you is almost dead. Send a handwritten note for the bracelet and charms. I agree make cookies or have some sort of snack food. Maybe even do it before the holidays when folks are being overwhelmed with cookies.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:41 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Wow so many good answers .. But if you feel you must give them something : mug rugs ! easy, cheap (use scraps) and then its done ! With a time constraint; start in January and do 2 or 3 (divide the amount of people by 12 then you have the amount you will need to make per month) per month then you have enough for many come the holidays or even a few more come the holiday for drop in guests !
Old 09-22-2014, 08:05 AM

I make something for the gals in the office each year. It's been a tradition for all the gals (7 now) to have a little gift exchange at Christmas. Everyone except me, buys a gift. I'm the only crafty one in the bunch. Last year I made microwave bowl pot holders & they were a hugh hit. They are even easier & less time consuming than a mug rug. You can put your soup bowl in the holder & put it all directly into the microwave. No hot hands when trying to lift it out. You can also use them for your bowl of ice cream....no more cold hand.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:20 AM

Pot holders and trivets are quick and easy. Also you might consider casserole carriers and table runners or placemats
Old 09-22-2014, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by yel View Post
mug rugs or coasters ....quick easy and won't break the bank
Exactly what I was going to suggest, I had my cataracts done a few months ago and was referred to a private consultant, anyway I made him a mug rug and he was so chuffed it was unbelievable.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
I've made mini stockings and put a little candy in them for co-workers. One question is tho -- do they make or give gifts to everyone or would you be the only one doing this? Would this put pressure on others to do the same thing? Keep in mind they may kind of expect you to do this every year.
I agree,if no one does the same it may put pressure on others.The little triangle bookmarks take minutes to make,you could leave a pot of those and some homemade cookies out for everyone to dip into.Love Letty
Old 09-22-2014, 09:29 AM

Coasters are easy to make and a nice gift. I made them for all my extended family this past Christmas.