Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Giving up "too much" for quilting?

I've been on other boards (Pat Sloans) where healthy eating and what we do for exercises. It's really a great reminder to keep up with it. I Trikke and use the Wii Fit Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniePenny
    My exercise has diminished and it coincides with me having my own sewing room these past 6 months. 'Nuff said.
    Oh, yeah I can relate! Also I am not so anal about my housekeeping. Used to vacuum every day now 3 times a week. I also used to go balistic when DH left something out and didn't put it away ( like the loaf of bread after he made a sandwich, etc. Now I just sigh and put it away myself. It is not worth the time to complain and after 40 yrs of marriage I should know better than to try to change him.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
    I have given up boredom, depression, free time.
    What a great reply!!!

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I am very selfish with my quilting time. DH expected me to go to sporting events with him. I asked him to go to a quilt trunk show one time. He said he would never do that again he was bored to death. I said oh really? I haven't been to a sport event since.

If I want to have a good time....shopping, etc I leave HIM at the house. If he wants to have a good time hunting/fishing he leaves me at the house. A great arrangement (45 years worth)
    Ditto. Married 40 years and when someone asks what is the secret I tell them to always have an indvidual hobby and not to rely on doing EVERYTHING together. Every one needs so "ME" time.

Quote Originally Posted by katiebear1
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniePenny
    My exercise has diminished and it coincides with me having my own sewing room these past 6 months. 'Nuff said.
    Oh, yeah I can relate! Also I am not so anal about my housekeeping. Used to vacuum every day now 3 times a week. I also used to go ballistic when DH left something out and didn't put it away ( like the loaf of bread after he made a sandwich, etc. Now I just sigh and put it away myself. It is not worth the time to complain and after 40 yrs of marriage I should know better than to try to change him.
    The first thing after going to the toilet is to sweep the floors. I don't have carpet and it is quickly done. The rest of the day DH goes and dirties is for the next morning. He also leaves a mess when making food for himself. Why can't husbands be clean--I know some husbands are, and you are the lucky ones. I am afraid I am not.

Blog Entries
    I have given up self-pity. I now know I can do anything :)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7