Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going to Vt... >

Going to Vt...

Going to Vt...

Old 07-29-2011, 10:58 AM

I actually drove up to Chester last Saturday to go to Country Treasures. I like the shop but they do not have air conditioning and it was HOT!!! I had to leave - I was starting to feel ill from the heat.

After leaving Chester I went over to Water Wheel Quilt shop. LOVE that store!! Back room has clearance fabric for $5.99/yd - I bought some patterns, fq's and yardage. They sell a lot of vibrant colors and more modern fabrics where as County Treasures is more traditional (they do have a lot of Moda though which I like).

I honestly wish I had gone to Water Wheel first since it was air conditioned, they have a great dog (Gracie) and my fiance chilled on the front porch in an Adirondack chair while I shopped (he loves dogs so he was happy to "play" with the dog while I shopped). Their motto is not your grandmas quilt shop and they mean it.

I will definately be going back to WW again in the near future (I live outside Boston so it is a hike). I would say depedning on what you like for fabrics - base your spending on that. I would have spent all of my money at WW had I gone there first.

Have fun!