Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Got an Eversewn 20 >

Got an Eversewn 20

Got an Eversewn 20

Old 03-29-2017, 04:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by beckyboo1 View Post
Actually, it is associated with Bernina as I understand it.
Only in that someone who used to work for Bernina helped design it. Bernina has nothing to do with it.

Cari
Old 03-29-2017, 04:17 PM

I can't seem to find anything about an embroidery machine, other than the foot that's offered. Can someone please send me a link?

Thank you in advance!
Old 03-29-2017, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

http://www.eversewn.com/
Old 03-30-2017, 02:46 AM

Eversewn is a trademark of Brewer Quilting and Sewing Supplies in Aurora, IL -- has the exact same address as Bernina USA.

The Eversewn Sparrows are being sold on the The Quilting Show website. TQS is sponsored by Bernina. I doubt they would be selling a competing product on their website. I also doubt Ricky and Alex would sell a machine they didn't stand behind.

I think this is a smart move. I believe there is a market for quality entry level machines for under $500. People under 30 are used to purchasing online and learning online. They aren't going to be swayed by free lessons in a shop, they will go to youtube to learn to use the machine. There's a lot of young people into making costumes for cosplay (think dressing up for Comic Book and Game Conventions). Then there's the ones wanting to sew because of Project Runway and Project Runway Jr.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:23 AM

[QUOTE=PatPitter;7794436]
The Eversewn Sparrows are being sold on the The Quilting Show website. TQS is sponsored by Bernina. I doubt they would be selling a competing product on their website. I also doubt Ricky and Alex would sell a machine they didn't stand behind.

That was part of the reason I felt good about my purchase. I don't think either of them would sponsor it if it were a terrible machine.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:53 AM

[QUOTE=beckyboo1;7794471]
Originally Posted by PatPitter View Post

That was part of the reason I felt good about my purchase. I don't think either of them would sponsor it if it were a terrible machine.
Celebrities of every kind "sponsor" products for the $$$$.......in any purchase, I buy because I am convinced it is the best offered, after thorough investigation.......if I were looking to buy a new machine, this brand would be high on the list of possibles though.......
Old 03-30-2017, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

I think I'm going to buy the Eversewn Hero machine at Amazon. It will only go up in price if I wait.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PatPitter View Post
Eversewn is a trademark of Brewer Quilting and Sewing Supplies in Aurora, IL -- has the exact same address as Bernina USA.
Bernina USA is a corporation with several holdings. Bernina owns Brewer along with several other smaller companies but they don't control what these companies sell. Bernina has nothing to do with Eversewn.

Cari
Old 03-30-2017, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

This is what I found out :
The "Swiss Engineer" for these machines is Philipp Ueltschi, if that name rings a bell with you. He and his sister will be the 5th generation of Bernina. It's interesting that he helped design these machines which have metal internal frames and are available to dealers through Brewer Quilting & Sewing Supplies.
Sparrow 25 has the same keypad layout and display as the old Bernette 70.
Seems the machine is very popular with the non quilter sewers. There are many more non quilter sewers then quilters. I think we forget that. LOL There is quilter's package that can be bought for the Sparrow 25.

Last edited by Onebyone; 03-30-2017 at 02:29 PM.