Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my Horizon :)

Blog Entries
    Woo Hoo! I can't wait to see your first quilt from this machine :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    I'm actually tempted to sell my midarm quilting set up and get the Horizon... that is unless I actually learn how to put a quilt on the frame and take it from there lol.... I need to make time and get over my fear...

But that Horizon looks really really cool...although the Bernina with the bsr also is a drool inducer lol

Enjoy that new machine and don't think about the price tag. You will use it for many, many years to come!!
    I'm torn between the horizon and the bernina with the bsr. i want the bsr AND the 11inches! and i'm not gonna buy the bernina 830. sigh. :)

It an investment well worth the $$$.... Besides, you deserve it!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Whoohoo - happy sewing!!!!!

congrates I know you will love it and each time you use it say "Boy this worth every penny I spent on it"

Oh you lucky lady. Have fun!

Enjoy it!! I have one also. Yes, they are expensive; but there are more expensive brands out there too. We all have to decide what works for us. The 11" will make it much easier to machine quilt and the lights are great on the eyes. The free motion is amazing!! I haven't done it here yet; but did do it at the shop when they gave me my free session to learn how to use the machine. I used to have a cheaper Janome and that was a fantastic machine for me. It never needed any repairs all while I owned it, so do want everyone who reads this to realize that I am not a snob to lesser expensive machines. I still use my $117 Kenmore for alot of things and that has never needed any repairs either. It just isn't handy for quilting...doesn't have any of the conveniences and served it's purpose when I bought it for hemming hubby's jeans. Those gosh darned short legs of his don't allow for us to buy any that fit LOL.

[quote] I'm torn between the horizon and the bernina with the bsr. i want the bsr AND the 11inches! and i'm not gonna buy the bernina 830. sigh.
    [annabanana][quote]
    If you haven't tried the Bernina BSR. you might want to test it before you buy it. I tried it and didn't like the way it works.
    I've been free motion quilting for years with no BSR and I like to run the machine fast and move the quilt slower; the BSR doesn't like it that way. The dealer agreed that it wasn't for me. I have tried it several times and decided I could do without it.
    I do most of my quilting either with a Pfaff 1222E
    (35 yrs old) or my Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 875 with a 10" throat(1 yr old).
    Sharon

The sticker shock will wear off! I felt the same way when I bought my Janome 11000SE, but it wasn't even the most expensive machine in the store. I do love it. It seems like it can do anything!

Excellent! You will love it. I got my Horizon at the beginning of June and couldn't be happier! If you run into any snags (which I highly doubt) PM me and I'll help out if I can.

Very cool! have fun!

Blog Entries
    Congrats on the new Horizon! I've looked at it at the LQS and have been drooling over it ever since. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by annabanana
    I'm torn between the horizon and the bernina with the bsr. i want the bsr AND the 11inches! and i'm not gonna buy the bernina 830. sigh. :)
    annabanana~I also have a Bernina 630e with the BSR, but prefer freemotion quilting on my Juki without it. It seems to be totally a personal preference as to whether someone prefers the BSR or not, so try it before you buy if you have a chance. That will help you make up your mind. (BTW, I love my Bernina for other things, just not FMQ).

Blog Entries
    congrats! You'll get years of enjoyment out of her!

Blog Entries
    I know there are a lot of you who love your Berninas, but even with the bsr I went back to Janome--traded my QE for the 7700 and am soooo much happier! Biggest reason--the bobbin! Hated having to stand on my head to clean out the bobbin case! Also didn't care for oiling it--always afraid I'd over or under do it! But love my Janomes! As for the bsr, yes it was nice, but practice with the start/stop feature, and can't tell a difference. Hope this helps.

Oh lucky you!!! I have a Janome now and love it, but I'm saving for the Horizon. Have fun and let us hear how you like it!

Oooh, I'm green with envy. I just went to a free class to see what it was like and got to do a small project on it, what a dream. I have never had anything but Janome but only got the 6500 a couple of years ago so I guess I better work hard at wearing it out first.

Blog Entries
    Big congratulations to you. I fell in love with that machine at my LQS but can't make the purchase right now.

It may have cost more then the things you mentioned but can those things make beautiful quilts, etc. Nope, they just sit there to entertain or feed us.

So happy for you! Where else could we spend the money and get so much pleasure?

CONGRATULATIONS.
    HAVE A GREAT trime learning how to use her.

Congrats!! Happy Sewing!!! I have a 6600 and am thinking of upgrading. The price is giving me concern - but I may overcome that soon!

Love My Horizon. Does so much. I love that you can combine the decorative stitches with the alphabet, plus 20 memory banks. Janome sure did their homework on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by GrannyB
    I know there are a lot of you who love your Berninas, but even with the bsr I went back to Janome--traded my QE for the 7700 and am soooo much happier! Biggest reason--the bobbin! Hated having to stand on my head to clean out the bobbin case! Also didn't care for oiling it--always afraid I'd over or under do it! But love my Janomes! As for the bsr, yes it was nice, but practice with the start/stop feature, and can't tell a difference. Hope this helps.
    I sew quite a bit with either a Singer 15 treadle & Singer Featherweights, older Berninas and a Pfaff 1222E and they all have the bobbin case that you hate. lol I'm used to them, so its second nature for me.
    It took me quite a while to get used to the drop-in bobbin
    that my HV Sapphire 875 has.

Oh I am green with envy! I have the Janome6500 and tho I love it, it would be so nice to upgrade but just can't justify it right now considering my J6500 is working just fine.

Enjoy your new 'baby' . I know you will be so happy with it.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

I bought mine in May and just love it.....It's used everyday i just cant leave it alone.

Blog Entries
    Congrats, and have fun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast