Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Got my Horizon :)

CONGRATULATIONS

Congratulations, i am so envious. and OMG there has been several comments about the Janome 6500 and 6600P, i was only just the other day about to purchase the 6600P-QC, upgraded model of the 6600P, only the shop owner advised me to hold off. So now am suspicious of this machine. I am wanting a mid arm sewer to go into my quilting frame. I have a Bernina Aurora 440QE and love it. It goes from normal sewing, embroidery, and to quilting with the BSR, haven't used the BSR much. But i do love this machine. So now i am not sure what to look out for. Can i get some more suggestions. Thanks heaps, Penny from down under :)

Thanks again everyone...I've only had a little chance to play and I stitched on a binding of a quilt I made on my old machine...wow..it's just glides along. I'm really impressed and starting to not feel so guilty about the money spent...lol. I'll post pics of the quilt once I've done the matching pillow cases

Quote Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
    Hi...today we went and bought my new machine...Janome Horizon. I don't know if I'm excited or in a state of shock that I spent so much on a sewing machine. I mean, it cost more than our big tv, or more than our computer, or even more than my new oven last year...lol. But I just know I'm going to love it. Been watching the video and now I'll have a look through the manual and then I might even get game to try the machine...lol. Ok, I'm off to learn more..lol
    I'm so happy for you. Just purchased the Janome 11000 this summer. It's intimidating to say the least and yes, the price was intimidating. I got it on sale but still. I'm not even sure my first born cost that much. Hope this turns out better tho!! I checked out the Horizon and had a hard time making the choice. Hope you like it...ENJOY!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am so doing the happy dance for you. You go have fun. God bless.

Blog Entries
    Love your Avatar!

Hi...today we went and bought my new machine...Janome Horizon. I don't know if I'm excited or in a state of shock that I spent so much on a sewing machine. I mean, it cost more than our big tv, or more than our computer, or even more than my new oven last year...lol. But I just know I'm going to love it. Been watching the video and now I'll have a look through the manual and then I might even get game to try the machine...lol. Ok, I'm off to learn more..lol
    Congratulations on your new machine. Please remember to read a little and do a little until you feel comfortable with it. if you go (like my BIL ) bull at the gate you could get frustrated if something is not right when you want to do it. I decided to learn all about the Brother Embroidery machine before I get it so when I comes I will not be overcome with all the information I get from the present owner. Also if I'm tired I can't concentrate on what I am being told..but have fun learning to use your NEW TOY.
    :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Annya
    Congratulations on your new machine. Please remember to read a little and do a little until you feel comfortable with it. if you go (like my BIL ) bull at the gate you could get frustrated if something is not right when you want to do it. I decided to learn all about the Brother Embroidery machine before I get it so when I comes I will not be overcome with all the information I get from the present owner. Also if I'm tired I can't concentrate on what I am being told..but have fun learning to use your NEW TOY.
    I really agree with this advice. I bought the Janome 11000 instead of the Horizon and am overwhelmed. I'm "older" and this is the last machine I intend to buy...however, I'm getting frustrated trying to learn how to use it. I'm almost sorry I went so high tech. Add to this that I'm a Snowbird and use this machine only part of the year, so it is like learning it all over again when I return. Good advice. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy11442
    Quote Originally Posted by Annya
    I really agree with this advice. I bought the Janome 11000 instead of the Horizon and am overwhelmed. I'm "older" and this is the last machine I intend to buy...however, I'm getting frustrated trying to learn how to use it. I'm almost sorry I went so high tech. Add to this that I'm a Snowbird and use this machine only part of the year, so it is like learning it all over again when I return. Good advice. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.
    Thanks...that is good advice, and I certainly haven't been able to jump in with both feet yet...I haven't had time..lol. I also am 'older' and I expect I won't be buying another main sewing machine again. So far, the little I've done and played with I haven't been too daunted by it so hopefully I will find it fairly easy to adapt to. I do love the way it sews so far though and I'm quite thrilled. I just need to get a couple of projects out of the way and I do something from go to whoa on it..lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4