Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Got A Question? >

Got A Question?

Got A Question?

Old 08-08-2015, 07:06 AM

I Love Love Love my inexpensive Brother sewing embroidery Machine. The only draw back it it does not use direct connect to the computer but even the 4 inch hoop has been big enough for all my projects. It is a good starting point and very user friendly.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:49 AM
RJ

I have had 2 different Brother sewing/embroidery machines over the years----both bought at a Brother Dealer--
Never had an issue with either of them...beautiful embroidery---easy to use...now I have a 10 needle Brother machine---so went back to a Brother machine that has a few fancy stitches and sews beautifully!! I would never get one at Walmart---as a consumer--you get what you pay for....but Brother machines have a lot of extras for the price compared to Phaff and Bernina...they always come with all the attachments you would ever need....
Old 08-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

The Brother dealer close to me encourages the low entry level embroidery machines for beginners. She said there is nothing wrong with Walmart or website Brothers. She will even offer classes for a min. fee for them. She sells many of the high end machines to those who started with the entry level ones. They get hooked on embroidery and want to do more and go big. Anyone can walk in her shop with a low end machine with a problem and get respect and help. I guess that's why she has been in business for decades and doing great.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:58 AM

I have a Brother sewing machine that I love and my DH gave me a Brother embroidery machine for Christmas two years ago and I love that one also. So I am sure that the sewing, embroidery machine is very good also.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:24 AM

I couldn't tell you anything about a new Brother machine, but I can tell you that I bought a used machine 10 yrs. ago, and it's never given me a minutes trouble. It was 3 yrs. old at the time and was traded in for an upgrade with a larger embroidery field, and I got it at a fantastic price, with all the extras that came with it, and I got free lessons with it, but that may have just been at that particular dealer. I'm still in love with my machine after all these years! Oh, and it does 4 different sizes, up to the 7 x 11 size embroidery. That's all I need.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:43 AM

I started out with machine embroidery on a Brother 350 SE that I got on clearance at Walmart. It was user friendly and a good introduction to embroidery. I got hooked and went to a high end Babylock, but the little Brother was a good start for me.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Up North View Post
I Love Love Love my inexpensive Brother sewing embroidery Machine. The only draw back it it does not use direct connect to the computer but even the 4 inch hoop has been big enough for all my projects. It is a good starting point and very user friendly.
I, too, love my Brother machine, so much so that I will not trade it in as I look for one with a 5" x7" hoop. That is the only drawback as far as I am concerned. A lot of cute kid embroidery CD's or downloads require a 5x7. I have repositioned written script (ie: Merry Christmas) to expand the size of the hoop constrictions, but a design won't allow you to do that. It does sew one of the nicest seams ever and made our grand daughter's Christening gown, slip, bonnet and diaper cover exclusively on that machine. What kind of grandma would I be if I didn't take this opportunity to show her off in it, LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]527314[/ATTACH]
Only you can decide what you need in a machine. I did buy mine from a Brother dealer and only have had to replace the foot pedal ($19).
Attached Thumbnails 2009may24emiliachristening0058.jpg  
Old 08-09-2015, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

I have a brother 2800d & a brother Dream create xe. I also have a Bernina but I want to sell it because I like my brothers Much better. They are quiet & the stitch quality is excellent. Stay away from small screens on the emb machines, it's hard to see what is stitching. If you need more info pm me.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

I have always had good performance from my older (15 years) Brothers machine. If you plan on buying an inexpensive embroidery machine with the intent of purchasing a more expensive one at a later date, then I would say go ahead with the inexpensive (in comparison) Brothers.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:51 AM

My BFF in TX switched from a TOL (at the time) Viking to Brother machines. She has the latest TOL Brother that does everything but cook (lol), and she absolutely loves it. I don't think she would switch back to any other brand. She had the other TOL Brother, but as soon as the new one came out, she got it...not sure what it does that the other one didn't do. Now, she has both of them, but I think she might be planning to sell the first one.