Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
grace quilting frame question >

grace quilting frame question

grace quilting frame question

Old 02-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

I am looking at Sew Vac Direct. Great prices. I am looking at in the future I may be able to get a mid arm that works on the frame.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I am looking at Sew Vac Direct. Great prices. I am looking at in the future I may be able to get a mid arm that works on the frame.
one of my favorite shopping places <g> ... especially good for comparison shopping. Have to leave for awhile .. will catch up on this in a little while <wave>
Old 02-14-2010, 11:37 PM

So, I went and looked at all brands, etc ... and, apparently, grace is the only company that will sell you the frame only ... but, the thing that is the best about what you are looking at is: by golly! When you get there, you will be able to go to an 18" mid arm machine without having to do a bunch of adjustments and kits to get it done, and in my book, that is worth a lot!
When we pay good bucks for equipment, it is a real plus to have them be capable of MORE than just what we have on hand .. it is called versatility and very desirable. <wave>
I think you are making a good decision ... can hardly wait for you to get it and let us know what you really think <g> <wave>
Old 02-16-2010, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
It seemed to be a good frame. It will fit in the space I have for it and comes with the speed controller. Other than that I really don't know. It just seemed like it would work for me. You may have guessed I know nothing about frames.
Littlehud, how much space do you have for this frame? I would like to get a set up for a frame such as this, but have no ideas how much space one would need to be able to get around the frame to do the loading and rolling to next quilting area.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:01 AM

I have the gracie pro wooden frame..my husband set it up for the king size..i wish he had not done that. a twin would of been big enough for me..maybe a full. I had a juki on it also. it takes up alot of space! and i don't belive you can upgrade to a bigger sewing machine on my frame.. I got mine from Kathy quilts,she has a website and a store front on ebay. great customer service.
I don't use it anymore, because of my physical limitations..sold the juki,(really wish i had kept the juki now..)and i am selling the leaders. this spring i may sell the frame and the rest of the stuff i got with it...:(