Graph  paper - >

Graph paper -

Graph paper -

Old 07-22-2016, 03:52 AM

No, I use it regularly
Old 07-22-2016, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
i don't have a preinter, so i use graph paper and carbon paper
inkjets start at about $40 and go up. Here is one on amazon with free shipping with prime membership for $42. Dont suffer without one.

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-PIXMA-M...nters+for+home
Old 07-22-2016, 04:02 AM

Another user here.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bearpawquilter View Post
I use it for planning and designing. I found a composition book (you know the ones with the black and white cover) with graph paper inside instead of lined at Walmart. Only one there and have never seen another one since. I made a fabric cover for it and I use it for sketches, planning, designing, keeping track of measurements, etc. When I use it up, I don't know what I will use. Only drawback is that it is not perforated, so if you tear out a sheet, another one on the opposite side will fall out.
I believe these are actually called "lab notebooks". College bookstores have them, also the larger stationary companies. If you google "lab notebook" you should be able to find more of these. I just bought one yesterday at Goodwill (cost me 10 cents) that had a $9 price tag on it. Only draw back is the grid is 5x5 and I prefer 4x4 (each box is equal to 1/4 inch).
Old 07-22-2016, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I started this thread with only the thought of 1/4 or 1/8 inch gridded paper on "regular sized" (which I think varies from country to country) paper.

As this thread has progressed, I think I would like it to mean anything printed with a regular pattern (triangles, squares, hexagons, etc.) that we still use to design with that requires a pencil (or pen).

There are some great "graph papers" available from several sites.
My husband, a math PhD, has graph paper with one inch squares divided into tenths. That's 100 small squares in an inch. The one inch markings are a different color so are easy to see. He has graph paper of lots of other sizes, too.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:13 AM

I still use it. I make designs and cut them out for patterns. I still use my washable markers too!
Old 07-22-2016, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Am I the only person in the quilting world that still uses it?
I use it all the time. I design a quilt on them. Just now finished a jelly roll quilt - 80 8" squares. Worked like a charm. Nice this is you can paper punch it and put it in a note book when you are done - all your information is on it and you can use different colored markers to design the pattern.

I have two sides yet to bind and then it is done. Kinda glad it's done, but I bond with the quilts I make and it is almost like giving away a child (I would assume). A picture and a story of my making the quilt with what was going on with the world and in my backyard, new things I have learned - and it is all on a piece of 8-1/2 x 11 graph paper. My paper is old - it is beige and is "softer" than regular paper.

Edie
Old 07-22-2016, 05:41 AM

You are not alone! I use it and down load the graph paper from free websites when I am in the mood to design my quilt. Rarely do I buy a pattern. Put a pencil in my hand, a piece of graph paper, and a calculator and I am happy.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:15 AM

I use it all of the time. Designing, planning, resizing...you name it.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:38 AM

Someone posted here a site to down load graph paper in several sizes a year or so ago. Hope you can find it. I use a large lab notebook with 1/4" squares in it. Is there a college bookstore near you to check one out?