Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
GRRR to ebay!!! >

GRRR to ebay!!!

GRRR to ebay!!!

Old 12-24-2009, 03:28 PM

One of the last times I bought a piece of fabric on EBAY it was a fabric panel. When I got it, it had a flaw in it so I emailed the seller and told her and she accused me of damaging it. So I left her bad feedback because I didn't want anyone to get burned like I did. Then she commented on my feedback, something to the effect that people like me who buy their fabric at Walmart find fault with people like her who sell good quality fabric on EBAY, etc. So now I am really careful and check their ratings. This particular seller isn't there anymore. or else she is selling under a different name.I have noticed lately that EBAY prices are way over what they should be. I don't mind reasonable postage, but the prices for their fabric dept. are way too high, I think.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by judithb
I checked out whittles. WOW! what a selection of nice looking name brand quilting fabrics. thanks for the information.
whittlesfabrics.com
Woah I just finally checked it out.... I swear I heard my credit card cry.... DEFINITELY going to be making a purchase or two from there!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
This is my favorite ebay site for fabric - http://stores.ebay.com/CROWSNESTQUIL..._sopZ10QQ_vcZ1

It's not the latest collections, but the fabric is good quality (a lot of Red Rooster, which I like) and the shipping is reasonable, especially if you get as much as will fit in a large USPS box (about 30 yards). They also answer questions promptly. I've always been pleased when I purchase from them.

Forgot to say, all the Red Rooster fabric is $2.99 / yd.
Do you have any idea why some of their fabrics appear wrinkled? I just checked over many of them on a variety of pages and found some of them were pretty wrinkled. That is a really great price, and I thank you for mentioning them, just thought I'd ask if you had any experience with receiving wrinkled fabric?

Thanks,
Old 12-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
This is my favorite ebay site for fabric - http://stores.ebay.com/CROWSNESTQUIL..._sopZ10QQ_vcZ1

It's not the latest collections, but the fabric is good quality (a lot of Red Rooster, which I like) and the shipping is reasonable, especially if you get as much as will fit in a large USPS box (about 30 yards). They also answer questions promptly. I've always been pleased when I purchase from them.

Forgot to say, all the Red Rooster fabric is $2.99 / yd.
Do you have any idea why some of their fabrics appear wrinkled? I just checked over many of them on a variety of pages and found some of them were pretty wrinkled. That is a really great price, and I thank you for mentioning them, just thought I'd ask if you had any experience with receiving wrinkled fabric?

Thanks,
I haven't had a problem receiving wrinkled fabric, but I'm not sure I would notice. I wash and press all my fabric soon after it comes in the door. No matter where I buy it, I've noticed that the fabric near the end of the bolt is usually wrinkled. I really don't think you will be disappointed with fabric from this shop, but if you are concerned you could try emailing them with your question. They have been prompt to respond with information in the past.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:18 PM

I haven't had a problem receiving wrinkled fabric, but I'm not sure I would notice. I wash and press all my fabric soon after it comes in the door. No matter where I buy it, I've noticed that the fabric near the end of the bolt is usually wrinkled. I really don't think you will be disappointed with fabric from this shop, but if you are concerned you could try emailing them with your question. They have been prompt to respond with information in the past.
Thanks so much. I'll go take another look and will email them if I have any questions. Can't beat the price!

:thumbup:
Old 12-24-2009, 08:41 PM

I had several friends who had bad experiences with e-bay. In both cases, the merchandise was flawed in some way. You have to be careful
Old 12-24-2009, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by sylvia77
I had several friends who had bad experiences with e-bay. In both cases, the merchandise was flawed in some way. You have to be careful
I got burned once on a wool wrap from Ireland. Just won't use ebay again.