Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight?

Blog Entries
    I'm planning on going to HF on Tuesday....Hope that someone left some blades for me :)

I jumped to page 10 to start reading this and wow...I missed alot. So before I needed to ask a question I went back and read each page. Answered my own questions before I started LOL.... :) :D (About the snap bags and why you would want a tape measure LOL ) Thank you for the info here. I'll be watching the ads now :)

Quote Originally Posted by eparys
    HF also has great little plastic boxes for organizing your machine feet as well as all sorts of really great "junk" - lol. When we lived in VA there was a big one not too far from where we lived. I always could find stuff there to use!
    Yes, I picked up one the other day with a couple of the blades. It was an 18 divider Medium Storage Container. The dividers are removable so you can sort any way you like.

My different sewing feet fit in, as well as I had some spaces left over and used it for different sewing machine needles.

It was only $3.99!

Blog Entries
    I got my blades today...YAY...I started to leave 1 package there but then went back and got it so that I can give it to a friend of mine...heehee I also got one of the little suction cups. It's amazing how I was looking through the store and the brain was going and going...HHHMMMMM what can I use that for? LOL

Blog Entries
    I have 2 of what's called mini handles that my DD got me.They are nice
    for holding rulers/keeping hand out of the way. They are $2.99 at HF & she used 20% off coupons.

Hubby is always going there. He is going to be shocked when I saw I WANT to go with him.

Went to fort smith, Ark Harbor Frt Sat and they had a big display of all sizes rotary blades.

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dont know about there but the HF here the ones we are talking about are on the utility knife isle thats here in Saginaw MI. They were out of blades on friday so I bought the carpet cutter with 3 blades. She told me I was about the 4th person to come in and ask for blades that day. Havent tried them yet.

Conniejean, I'm glad that I left you some blades at Southern Plaza. I bought only 5 packages, as I still have some of the $$ ones I got at Joann's with a coupon, of course. I haven't seen the HF ads in the Sunday paper here, have you? Maybe I just missed it. I told the cashier who waited on me that I thought others would be in for the blades too. Maybe they will stock up on them. I had called on Friday to see if they had them, and they said they had 27 packages at that time. I didn't count how many they had when I got my 5 packages on Saturday. I thought 10 blades would last me quite a while. Janis

Blog Entries
    Tincan hope you left some for me in Ft. Smith. This is where I live, but have not had a chance to get to HF.

Janis, I appreciate that you left some cutters for me. :D I hope they work as well as some others have reported. I didn't see the Gordon Aluminum Handle Single Suction Cup item no. 92825 for $5.99. I will look for it on my next trip. Where do you live in Indiana? I live in Indianapolis on the SE side.

Quote Originally Posted by conniejean
    Janis, I appreciate that you left some cutters for me. :D I hope they work as well as some others have reported. I didn't see the Gordon Aluminum Handle Single Suction Cup item no. 92825 for $5.99. I will look for it on my next trip. Where do you live in Indiana? I live in Indianapolis on the SE side.
    I PM'd you. I live in Martinsville.

45mm

I do not believe they have a HF store in that area. I am originally from York Beach Me. before moving to Florida. I have a daughter in Manchester NH and she said that she had never heard of it.I know you can buy on line because a couple of years ago I was looking for a particular glass cutter. Will have to search again.
    Fran

Blog Entries
    Just an FYI, I've checked two different Home Depot stores, they don't carry that type of cutter or blade.

I'll be heading to the HF across town this weekend =)

Quote Originally Posted by livenlearn124
    Just an FYI, I've checked two different Home Depot stores, they don't carry that type of cutter or blade.

I'll be heading to the HF across town this weekend =)

I would call first. Most stores are out.

They have the "gardening" gloves with the sticky dots also.

I keep calling Harbor Freight, asking is they have any blades in or on the truck. The answer keeps coming back "no", but they said I can get a rain ck. Hope to get their this weekend.

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter Day-by-Day
    I dont know about there but the HF here the ones we are talking about are on the utility knife isle thats here in Saginaw MI. They were out of blades on friday so I bought the carpet cutter with 3 blades. She told me I was about the 4th person to come in and ask for blades that day. Havent tried them yet.
    I've tried the blade from HF works great.

Blog Entries
    I thought a rain check was given for sale items-so you can still get the sale price when the item is back in stock (presumably after the sale is over).

Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo
    I've tried their website but haven't had any luck with their store locator. I either am misreading the instructions, they don't work or my computer is resisting.
    Does anyone know of a Harbor Freight store in New Hampshire?

I tried a Loew's over the weekend in upstate New York; they don't carry round carpet cutters blades.
    Gollytwo - The closest is in Worchester and next would be Attleboro

Ok - I had to go down to RI and would have to pass a HF in Attleboro, MA. DH was VERY excited that I was stopping there!! I came out with 8 pks of blades, a sand blaster (for him of course) and another set of boxes ( it is a med size box with 24 - [email protected] inch boxes inside - perfect for beading ot sewing supplies).

Love that place - Thanks all for the tip on the blades.

I HOPE YOUR BLADES ARE BETTER THAN MINE. THE FIRST CUT WAS VERY, VERY SHARP...THE NEXT ONE ..NOT SO SHARP. NOW IT IS REALLY DULL. I HOPE THE FIRST BLADE IS JUST A DUD. I HAVE 10 PACKS. ANY ONE ELSE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HF BLADES ?

Quote Originally Posted by quilting grammy
    I HOPE YOUR BLADES ARE BETTER THAN MINE. THE FIRST CUT WAS VERY, VERY SHARP...THE NEXT ONE ..NOT SO SHARP. NOW IT IS REALLY DULL. I HOPE THE FIRST BLADE IS JUST A DUD. I HAVE 10 PACKS. ANY ONE ELSE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HF BLADES ?
    No I have been using mine for a week. I have even cut warm and Nat and still my blade is good.
    Sorry you are having trouble.
    I just went to my local HF to get more but of course they were out. I asked to order some more and they said they should be in in a week or 3. They had gone up to $1.99 but I told the manager that last week they were only $1.49 and he said he would give them to me for that price. Then he handed me a 20% of coupon. I ordered 10 packages.

I just bought the carpet cutter this afternoon. I was standing in front of the carpet cutters and kind of going back and forth on whether to get the cutter or not. All of a sudden a woman came up to me, asked me if I was a quilter, I told her I was, and found out it was debbieumphress from this board :)

Blog Entries
    I was browsing their ads and found out they have the metal legs that snap up for easy storage,the set is only 18.00. This would be a great buy for someone wanting to make a cutting or sewing table.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast