Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
guilty quilting - gwuilting >

guilty quilting - gwuilting

guilty quilting - gwuilting

Old 01-07-2011, 07:57 AM
A

Smile as you kick something in a closet. Giggle when you 'hide it' so others can't see it. Hey! YOU are a hungry artist-seamstress! You've done nothing to be ashamed of. You COULD be out running drugs or be on a street corner. Alas, you simply are taking a bit of time for YOU.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:21 AM

I remember an old story about a woman who spent her life fighting dust and grime and when she died they shoveled dirt in her face.

Do what makes you happy! You only have so much time. If you like to tidy first and then quilt, do it. If quilting is your priority, then quilt. No worries.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:32 AM

I too am in the over the hill group, raised to take care of everything else first before spending time to quilt. This is my year to do whatever I want, whenever I want. QUILTING, QUILTING
and more quilting. (Hope I can keep this resolution and not feel guilty!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:24 PM

<----- married a batchlor. He does all the cooking, washes dishes, ect.. I get breakfwest in bed lol. no guilt here. I am blessed
Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 PM

I spend too much time in sewing room also!! Let me know what you figure out! :D
Old 01-08-2011, 12:18 AM

No,not feeling quilty anymore. Cleaning, cooking etc. before lunch, quilting after. I do cheat though and have an early lunch, more quilting time.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:25 AM

No guilt here!!! The only guilt I do have is spending time on here when I should be quilting!!!!! Once you have one layer of dust the rest doesn't show!!! Happy quilting everyone!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by mom2boyz
You know, I have worked hard for many years to try and overcome this guilt every time I am doing something I enjoy, sewing, scrapbooking, even reading. My husband has no problem sitting for hours watching sports on TV or leaving to play golf for a good five hours. He never criticizes me for doing my hobbies yet I still carry the guilt bug on my shoulder. Is it a female thing????
You know, I am that way. I think the reason in my case, is that when I was first married (16) my husband used to come home from work and look around the house and say,"what did YOU do today?" My husband now never says anything even when he can plainely see big dust bunnys and a messy house. But I always feel guilty about how my house looks. Especially if I am reading, or quilting or making a doll. He is always working on something but he never says, "What did YOU do today?" My first husband really meant WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY. It wasn't politely asking what I did that day. I still guilty even to this day 50 yrs later.