Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Had this spiral bound for better use >

Had this spiral bound for better use

Had this spiral bound for better use

Old 10-28-2010, 11:23 AM

Take it to Kinko's or similar store and ask them to remove the spine. You can have it spiral bound or just have them drill holes so you can put it in a 3-ring binder. If it is a book that I know I'll be making copies out of (for example, applique patterns), I prefer the 3-ring binder.

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
II didn't know that you could get an already published book spiral bound. Sounds nice.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:35 AM

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:06 PM

I also like to spiral bind some of my books and also have them 3 hole punched for notebooks I buy notebooks where can put title in plastic sleeve on spine and on the front. so know what book it is.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 PM

I hadn't thought of putting a spiral binding through my block tool. Will do it next time I get to town. What a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:47 PM

I have the block book and cut the pages apart (its just a peice of plastic) be sure to keep them in order. Put them on a large key circle they will lay flat for you. I have told friends about this and we have no problem now. Plus its cheaper I found my key circle in the junk drawer
Old 10-28-2010, 01:22 PM

Wow...Thank you for discussing this topic. My sewing machine manual is falling apart. I know where I am going next week. the book making machine sounds great too!
Peace and blessings,
Old 10-28-2010, 03:19 PM

As a matter of fact, I was thinking about using some heavier cardboard for the backing for extra support for the manuals that don't have much support and that will make them stand a little better on the book shelf.

I am so glad this suggestion has helped the members. And best of all it's a simple and inexpensive way to fix the problem.

Glad it helped.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
My sister gave me this block tool and I only used it once or twice because the cards were very awkward to read. The plastic peg in the lower right hand corner of the cards kept them stacked in a numerical order, but the cards had to be fanned out to read.

I have been going up the walls trying to figure out how to get this thing bound and finally I called Office Max and I got it spiral bound today. OMG, what a difference this makes. Now it will lay flat and I can refer to any of the cards with ease.

I'm sure some of you may have the same tool. Get it spiral bound and you will use it more often. Here are some pics of the cards.
I have gotten several of my boos spiral bound especially applique and how to books.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:01 PM

I always have my quilt books bound at Kinko's. They do a great job. I remember when I brought my first book to them, they were kind of amaized. That was years ago. Love not having to rest something heavy on one side of the book.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:15 PM

Thanks for the great idea! High Ho, it's off to Office Max I go!