Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hand Quilting Frames - Information Needed >

Hand Quilting Frames - Information Needed

Hand Quilting Frames - Information Needed

Old 12-07-2011, 07:56 AM

just missed that you bought one. Wish you a lot of handquilting fun with your new frame!!!!
Have fun quilting!
Anymart
Old 12-07-2011, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by mrsd1pendy View Post
I would love to see this frame. I saw a fan style frame (used with 3 - 1x2 boards the width of your quilt) that you could order online a couple of weeks ago - but I cannot find it now. I would really like one because of the lack of technology to use.
mrsd1pendy. I don't know how to look up past posts on this new board, but If you can go to ebay and type in "fan type quilting frame" one may possably come up. I haven't tried that recently, but there was some at one time. Looks very interesting. Hope you can find it.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:22 PM

Default Hinterberg Quilting Frame

This is a great full size frame that can easily be tilted when you are not using it to save space. For $179, you can buy a "kit" to build it, which has all the parts except the rails and the trestle. These are easy to buy and cheap. (Lowe's or HD) The directions are clear. It is easy to put together. Look at it on the Hinterberg website. I use mine everyday and love it. I never could get the hang of using a hoop on my lap.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:58 PM

I have the ez grace frame also need to make the leaders for it I intend using it for basting so I can machine quilt I sure hope it works out.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Banned

I had a HInterberg..took up so much room, BUT I loved it and I miss it....I use a large oval on a stand now.not nearly as nice for large quilts!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:17 AM

I use a lap hoop too. Wouldn't trade it for nothing.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:29 AM

I use the pvc frame that is sold at JoAnns. It is not adjustable but you move the quilt. This is portable, easily stores, and holds any size quilt from large bed quilts to baby quilts. The cost in the range of $70 ish. Watch for coupons at the store for $$ off too.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:56 AM

Smile There are some nice antique hand quilt frames on craigslist for not to much $

Originally Posted by vanessa View Post
I need help on a decision and I know my quilting friends will be able to help me.

My mother is wanting to buy me a hand quilting frame for my graduation from college in May. She wants me to have a nice one that will hold different size quilts, one that I will be able to roll as I need to, and I want one that I can fold up and store when not using it.

Mom says she can only afford to spend $200 and the ones I have found are around $250 to $300. Can any of you help me with your experiences and suggestions?

I found a Grace EZ3-FF for $199.00 before tax and shipping. But just am not sure what to do.

Thank you!
Vanessa
Vanessa,
There are some good deals out there but you have to be careful. Make sure all the parts and pieces to it are there if your buying one from and independent. And make sure the directions for putting it together are there. I found an old one at a thrift store and it works great. You don't need a real fancy one. The simpler the better.