Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Happy, happy customer >

Happy, happy customer

Happy, happy customer

Old 01-19-2016, 12:31 AM

Default Happy, happy customer

I haven't been happy with both the cost and the quality of batting I have found in shops near me of late so decided I would try a local but online only company and what's more, I made the big decision that I would buy a bulk roll as it would work out very economical even factoring freight. And gee, if I bought a bulk roll, at the speed I make quilts it would last me forever and a day! I was a bit scared of committing to a bulk purchase without seeing the batting so decided to buy just enough for my current quilt I'm working on to see if I liked it.

Well, my batting arrived today freighted out to my DH's work where we get all parcels delivered. (We live on a main road and daren't have stuff left on our front step.......sure it would get swiped before I get home). Anyway, I had to wait all day for DH to get home and how excited was I to rip open my parcel...only to find that instead of a 2 metre length I had only a 1 metre length. In dismay I checked my invoice sure I had made an error but no, all was correct, I had ordered the correct width and length. It was too late to ring them so I sent an email hoping it would be read first thing tomorrow. I offered to return the piece in person and collect the correct piece to save them the hassle of postage etc and was hoping they wouldn't just send a second small piece to me for me to sew to the first bit......I guess I could if need be but it certainly wasn't my preferred option.

But my goodness me, within 20 minutes of my sending my email I had a reply back from the company apologising, advising me the correct amount would be freighted to me first thing tomorrow and would I please keep the first piece as an apology for the inconvenience!!! What terrific service! And you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be making that purchase for the bulk roll next time....with confidence! Just brilliant customer service!

Don't you just love a happy ending!!!!

Last edited by ruby2shoes; 01-19-2016 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:10 AM

This happened to me with a cot bed mattress I had ordered, one arrived, looked OK to me then I got another one, I emailed the company and they advised they had sent the wrong depth of matress and sent replacement and to keep original for inconvenience. It's great when companies go above and beyond with customer service.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:44 AM
Power Poster

How wonderful! If they are that accommodating, you might want to check and see if you could pick up your roll of batting in person. They might not want to do this for most orders, but might make an exception for that huge box.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

it is nice to hear that customer service is still alive and well.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

Great customer service will keep customers. Why doesn't all business know this?? I have one bad experience with a company I don't buy from them again. With my money you get one shot, no second chances.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Great customer service will keep customers. Why doesn't all business know this?? I have one bad experience with a company I don't buy from them again. With my money you get one shot, no second chances.
I agree with you completely..not only in quilting, but everything I do/ pay for..
just had some nightmare phone dealings..not quilt related.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:16 AM

I love a happy ending!!!

Dina
Old 01-19-2016, 09:47 AM

I too have had great customer service from a company that brought me from the depths to, "Wow! Can you believe that!" I think we need to brag the company up and share who they are. Mine was a torn, shredded order that was in a gray plastic shipping bag. USPS had taped it up and shipped me the remains, some were untouched. Craftsy replaced the entire ($100+) order. I made a quilt from he untouched layer cake and donated it.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:09 PM

I love happy endings.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:42 PM

So glad everything worked out for you.