Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Has any one purchased Jo Ann cutting table?

Blog Entries
    I have one similar and have one side up right now with a suitcase on top of it because I'm packing for a quilting retreat next weekend!

Normally I keep it folded down till I need to use it. It does not take up much space when folded down and is a nice big surface when it's up. They seem to have made the legs more sturdy than the one I got, which is nice to see, because mine can be a little wobbly if I'm not careful. I also have the mat that fits on top of it. When the table is collapsed down, I hang my cutting mat behind a door (hubby put holes in the mat, and put nails in the studs behind the door to hang it on).

I definitely recommend getting this table. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I have had this table for several years. I remember getting it for myself for Mother's day one year. I love it and use it daily. I even have a ironing mat that fits the entire table.
    It make one BIG ironing surface. I will offer one word of warning. This table attracts crap to it. If you are not careful piles of crap will be dumped on this lovely surface.

I bought mine years ago too and still using it. I got a bigger cutting table so purchased a custom ironing board cover for the Joanns table and now it's a huge ironing board which is GREAT!! If I need an extra cutting surface, I just throw a cutting mat on it and use it for that too.

I have this table and love it. It is just the right height for me for cutting. I don't have to bend over at all. Sure helps the old back.

Blog Entries
    I bought two of them. One for a cutting table. The second one a friend is going to make an ironing board top for. When I have a large quilt to layout & baste I can pull the board off, roll the 2 tables out and put up as many of the sides as I need. In the meantime they are 36x18 and not taking up too much room.

I have had my table for 6 years. Like Frugal Fabrics says, you can roll it out of the way. I have the entire mat set for it. When we have a big family dinner, it ends up being the buffet table. But it stays up most of the time in my sewing room. the nice part, should you notice that something isn't where it needs to be, all you need is to tighten the screws. There are brackets underneath to catch the swingout sections. Great table, worth the money.

Blog Entries
    I have one and also have a banquet table that I purchased PVC pipes to raise the table. I have it in the spare bedroom & when we have company I take it down,fold it in half and slide it under the bed. I like both

well worth the money,have the table and mat. love them:)

I bought this cutting table about 6 months ago. I like it very much. My previous cutting table was much heavier. The new one has rounded corners nothing gets stuck or snagged on it.

I've had one for a few years now and use it daily. Wish I had room for a second! Hope you enjoy your new table.

Yes I have one. It is pretty unstable for cutting. The setup for the legs was not the best desidn.. but it works. I tis just not solid.

I have one and I love it. I don't know how I ever managed to make anything with the small cutting table in the sewing room. I need to be able to spread out. When I'm done I just fold up the table and put it to the side.

I have had mine for ten yrs and love it. Could'nt do with out it.

Blog Entries
    I almost bought this one a few weeks ago for $99, to replace one of a previous style. The legs on the one I have open at angles, compromising the storage space under it, where I keep my totes. This design will open that area. The one I have has served me well for many years. Not only do I have the large cutting mat, I also have a pressing surface I picked up for coupon price at Hancock Fabrics. Gerrrateeeet for all those large size pressing and ironing projects. Hardly ever set up the ironing board anymore.

My sewing room can serve as a guest room - fold the big table down, put the totes on top of the sewing table, and open the futon. I have a similar table in the craft room which has drawers in the center. It is just a touch more narrow, but (use to) folds down into a space saver. I have so many bins and drawers under it now that there would be no point in folding it. I can lay my canvases flat to decoupage, without bending over the old dining work table. I feel that I have worked and over worked these tables, and find no fault other than an occasional little wobble.

They were easy to assemble with the tools provided. I opened the box in the car, and just carried a few pieces in the house at a time, rather than strain trying to lug in a heavy piece of furniture.

Thanks for the heads up on the pending sale price. I'll be replacing the angular fold-out legs style I have with this one.

I have two of the tables in my sewing room and love them. You can fold them up and move them out of the way when you don't need them, although mine seldom get folded up, they are usually covered with projects and fabric. I did not buy the large cutting mat, where would I put it when the tables are folded up?

I have had the table for about 8 or 9 years my ONLY complaint is that the wheels don't lock. The table itself is wonderful

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ibequilting1
    I have two of the tables in my sewing room and love them. You can fold them up and move them out of the way when you don't need them, although mine seldom get folded up, they are usually covered with projects and fabric. I did not buy the large cutting mat, where would I put it when the tables are folded up?
    That is a problem, but I move from cutting to pressing mode frequently. I lay the mat on the futon to do the large pressing jobs, then it's right back on the table. I stand the mat upright behind the little computer desk, (actually a treadle base being used for a computer) when I have guests and need to open the futon.

I have this table and Ihate it. the screws wont stay in and it wiggles terrible. I finally put a table cloth on it all folded up and its against the wall holding dust collectors. Maybe i got a bumb table.

Yes...love it, use it all the time and fold it up when I need the guest rm and slide it in the closet...Dont forget the cutting matt that covers the entire top of the table...39.00

Yep, it is wonderful. Run and get one.

Blog Entries
    I have one also Love it bought it years age never got the mat but must look into it. thanks hobbykat for heads up on mat price Mine looks a little different then pictured. have to check the size. Also CaroLady the legs fold in and the top top leaf drops down making it smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolLady
    This one Sew Essentials Cutting Table http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...DID=xprd830869

I got a flyer in the mail today and it's going to be on sale for 69.99.

I was wondering if any one has one and how they like it.

Also, was wondering if you can just have half of the table up at a time? Whether that's an option or not.

Thanks for any feed back.

Carol
    Looks like a good price. If you can leave it set up, the space underneath is excellent for those plastic three drawer storage bins from WM.

I have one like it for over 10 years now. Joann's has had it redesigned it a bit since then. My only problem is I am short and it is too high for me to cut on. I had to get an adjustable table to cut. Good investment.

Yup, and I love it!! And yes it is very heavy.

Morning
    I have one and just love it. Folds down to about 12 inches, there are 2 flap sides that fold down and you can put up either side. has wheels and moves easy. Been using it for about 10 years and has held up and is still like new.
    Ellen

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast