Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone noticed connecting threads >

Has anyone noticed connecting threads

Has anyone noticed connecting threads

Old 01-07-2015, 05:13 AM
Power Poster

CT is selling other manufacturers fabrics at the higher price, not their fabrics. Many customers like to buy different types of fabric in one order not spread out over several shops. If it is profitable for CT and the majority of the customers like the new change, then there is no reason to go back to the way it was.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
There is a "contact us" you can click on, on their web site. You could express your concerns there, and ask any questions you might have. I just contacted them myself.
I have contacted them in the past using the "contact us" spot. They were very good about getting back to me almost immediately. I, too, noticed the change in the fabric prices and the addition of outside designers. I sure hope they go back to their original fabric. CT was making quilting affordable. Now it looks as if they are going to be like LQS. If this happens, I will not be ordering from CT; I will support the LQS more. Even when I got the fabric for the front of my quilts from a LQS, I went to CT for the backing.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

I sure hope they go back to their original fabric. CT was making quilting affordable.
They are still selling CT fabric at the regular price.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:42 AM
Administrator

if colors are "missing" from the website it usually means they are sold out.
those colors will probably show up again in the future.

the new lines threw me at first, too.
but i just ignore the pricey stuff and buy their basics.
if i want anything else i wait for it to hit the clearance section.

yep.
i am so cheap my skates won't roll. LOL
Old 01-07-2015, 06:50 AM

I love Connecting Threads! They were the first company I ever ordered from. I moved several years ago and found a CT catalog left in my new PO Box, which had been addressed to the former box renter. The postmaster said I could keep it and after thumbing through the catalog, I was hooked on quilting.

It doesn't look like CT is getting rid of their own fabric line. I think that they're just expanding into carrying other, more profitable lines. I doubt that I would order the more expensive stuff, but it's nice to see more variety and options.

~ C
Old 01-07-2015, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
It was explained on their blog and Facebook page. Also in the emails from them about the change. From what I can remember it was filling requests from customers to carry other lines. It seems the change has been very positive and I'm sure more profitable and more lines will be added to their catalog.
Aye, I got the emails too. It doesn't bother me at all - they're not stopping their own fabric lines or changing those prices; they're just adding more fabrics from other manufacturers to their shop. Ignore the new fabrics and it's just like the old store.

I'm a die-hard fan of Kona solids, but the CT solids are a close second. And their flannel is my #1 favorite. And I love their thread. And their pre-cuts. And those little purple scissors. And their batiks. I guess I love a lot about that store! LOL (Just got a box in the mail yesterday!)
Old 01-07-2015, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

http://www.connectingthreads.com/cfh...4&CSItemID=200
Old 01-07-2015, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

The only problem I have with the big catalog houses is more and more space is taken up with kits. It would be really nice to have the option to buy the patterns and fabric separately or as a kit. it is about having options.
peace
Old 01-07-2015, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
It was explained on their blog and Facebook page. Also in the emails from them about the change. From what I can remember it was filling requests from customers to carry other lines. It seems the change has been very positive and I'm sure more profitable and more lines will be added to their catalog.
As for me..I went there to buy CONNECTING THREADS fabric...not other lines. There is just way to much competition out there for pricing among the other lines...CT is just not where I would go for designer fabrics. They used to be my "go to" for nice filler and background, backing, themes..and I loved their prices..but they've lost me as a customer. Now they are just one more on line quilt shop, with way too many good competitors to be special anymore. What a shame..because they had a really good thing.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
As for me..I went there to buy CONNECTING THREADS fabric...not other lines. There is just way to much competition out there for pricing among the other lines...CT is just not where I would go for designer fabrics. They used to be my "go to" for nice filler and background, backing, themes..and I loved their prices..but they've lost me as a customer. Now they are just one more on line quilt shop, with way too many good competitors to be special anymore. What a shame..because they had a really good thing.

This thinking doesn't make sense to me. They are still selling their own fabric at the same prices. Why care if they sell other lines?