Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has this happened to you? >

Has this happened to you?

Has this happened to you?

Old 11-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lillybeck View Post
I would have left a lot sooner than you did. I think this was very rude of her.

Me too.-----------------here we go, am told by STUPID message have too small a reply, PATHETIC , SO aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa that will fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:09 AM

Sounds like you met a rather strange woman. A little too attached to her fabric if she planned to sell it. Too bad you lost that hour, but how nice of your DH to sit that long waiting for you.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by mayday View Post
Me too.-----------------here we go, am told by STUPID message have too small a reply, PATHETIC , SO aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa that will fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
HeeHeeHee!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:00 PM

should have added......and thank you for wasting my time.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:38 PM

I just hate situations like this. You were patient with her and did the right thing and I commend you for that!
Old 11-30-2011, 04:49 PM

Yes. I have about given up on getting fabric from people like that. You can drive all over and never know what you are going to find once you get there. I also make blankets for a worthy cause and often post on Craig's List asking for donated fabric. If people are DONATING, they are usually on the up and up, and I've met some wonderful people that way. However, if they are SELLING, there always seems to be something weird. You showed a great deal of patience - more than I would have had!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:39 PM

Same as you. Why bother to even sell it after you had offered it. You were in the right to leave.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:20 PM

Wish you were alone in such odd behavior. We restore machines and have had our share of good and bad. There are those who want you to take the lot of everything and those who have preconcieved ideas of what you should do with it all. Some think they can recover and make a profit on what they paid for materials etc over years of collecting and often neglect. That's when we head for the door and wish them well. In some cases when people tell us a friend said it was worth... we say- well, put your friend to the test since they know the worth let them do the leg work to make it sellable and get that price. Call if you change your mind- some we hope never call honestly. (we've gotten smarter- we tell them what it is worth to us and what we don't want we'll be happy to donate to a charity thrift store on their behalf and send them the donation slip which they can claim on their taxes- not to be mean but to be mean but upfront and blunt so there is less hemming and hawing)

Last edited by writerwomen; 11-30-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:39 PM

I can't say what I would have done since I have never been in that position but I do want to commend you for your patience and kindness. One never knows what is going on with other people, especially strangers. I know you wasted your time and gas $$ but I think it's great that you treated her with kindly. Sometimes I think that is missing so much from the world we live in now.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:42 PM
QM
Power Poster

I would have left earlier. I suspect she was just having second thoughts about letting go of her stash, however. That's a feeling I can sympathize with, but would not enjoy.