Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Have Trouble Keeping Up On Here?

I find myself reading way too much just like the rest of you but I love it and don't want to miss out on anything. I guess I {joined the club!}

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy S.
    How funny. I'm ready to ask for a lap top so I can be in the same room that I need to be in. I have limited myself so I do manage to get something done.
    no you won't my computer is in my sewing room and now i get even less done

How funny. I'm ready to ask for a lap top so I can be in the same room that I need to be in. I have limited myself so I do manage to get something done.
    well, in the Mountains of Montana where I live, there is snow falling & the skies are dark. great time for staying home in the sewing room. a laptop there would be perfect !

No you don't, I have a lap top and thought I'd move it to the room I sew. I already have it in the room I cut in, and I'm on here everytime I walk into this room.

With the FABSHOPHOP,,, I have NOT touched material in two days, and I'm getting the shakes. There just isn't enough time in a day is there. Tomorrow I have to do laundry.....and tomorrow I'll sew........

You said it perfectly!

gf, you talk so much like me, a friend sent me this link and laughingly asked me if I wrote this! ;)
    I can see why she asked...it's the way you express yourself,...na na na na na... :lol:
    and it just plains sounds like me too...wanna see and do it all...but who can do that?...
    uh, oh, 'scuse me I just heard about something interesting....by :XD:

I too have a laptop but it ison a desk at the bottom of the stairs so everytime I have to go upstairs I have to stop and see what I have missed on here. Then I wind up staying way to long and am not getting my Xmas projects done. I think I may need help but do I want it? No. I am enjoying this site way too much.

I find myself thinking,I really need to get back
    and sandwich that quilt ! but don't want to miss anything :)

Sounds like we are all in the same boat.

Blog Entries
    I have to force myself to stay off here at times so I can get something done myself. I could look at yalls quilts all day long. And of course I've had to buy a few things....My DH usually reminds me when I've stayed here too long. But, I enjoy it soooooo.. I've met some awful nice people here. I'm afraid I'll miss something.

Banned
    I was like this when I was new to the Board - really worried me as I was getting little else done.
    Another Board member who's in my Guild assured me that it would wear off.
    She was right, thankfully
    I now sign on in the morning for about an hour and maybe briefly in the evening before shutting the computer down.
    Getting other work done as a result.

Blog Entries
    Guess like everything else in life....moderation. Maybe, but not today!!

How can one stay away from such conversations each day. When I wake, after the coffee is done and the computer is turned on, I hunt for this update. Once found, I do not leave it until All of you have conversed with me and vice versa. Thanks for the time away from the world and the time to be with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Pzazz
    I think you just described about 99.9% of the people on here!!!!

Patti
    Patti, I agree with you. Could not have said it better and straight to the point.

Me too, me too! I really think, I'll have to set a timer or something, to limit how much time I spend on here reading this and that. I too have many projects in the works and should finish some things up.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I enjoy checking in in the mornings and come back again later. I have found so much useful information and just plain fun here!

Blog Entries
    me too. I am even behind with the DJ project. I spend mornings and evenings here on the board. JO

Blog Entries
    Well, just keep going girl....we are all in that boat with you! LOL!

Now that you have diagnosed the problem I can begin the cure. Maybe checking in every other or third day.

Blog Entries
    I had this same problem but, now I look at the posts when the new ones come out and keep up with updates on occasion with the ones I am really interestested in. I too have so many things to do that are not even started that it is not funny anymore. I am retired why can't I get everything done. I got more done when the kids were home and I had a full time job. I think I work better under pressure.lol

community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Love this! You "crack me up" and I can ALWAYS use a good laugh! Not to mention how "true it is!".

You said it!! I have to limit myself to 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening so I miss a lot of what's be said. And I have thought about a laptop - my computer is now 2 floors above my quilting room- but then I would never get any quilting done, and quilting is my passion (I think).

Pat, you hit the nail on the head! First thing I do is grab a "mug" of coffee, head off to my laptop (sewing room) where it is quiet and dive into the forums - and sometimes am amazed two hours later that I have discovered many more sites that I never knew about before (and must get involved in) - and I have in reality only read three or four original email postings of my inbox! But what fun!!
    Mary

Marysewfun
    That is the exact order I do each day I am off. Great minds think alike! :lol:

Blog Entries
    I think this topic sure says something about this site and the people who read it and the person or persons who are in charge of keeping everything in working order.

It's a FANTASTIC site & I also am one who is on several times a day just in case there is a new post that I just have to read or a new pattern or gadget I have to check out and maybe add to my Christmas list.

Happy Thanksgiving to all
    Judy in Michigan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast