Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Have you ever

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
    I hope I don't get banned because this is a little off topic, but it has to do with the recycling part of this thread. When my mom was alive and living in a senior complex in another state, all the residents would wait in the lobby for the mailman to come. I started sending her "naked mail". I took a plastic placemat and on the back side, drew a line down the middle and used it like a post card, her address on the right side, and a note on the left side. One time, I sent her some small things in a coke bottle (lay it on it's side, cut a slit lengthwise, fill with goodies, put the address label over the slit, glue the lid on). I had these really tiny (about 1.5 inch) gift cards - I wrote "hi mom, love Barbara", and kept putting it in larger envelopes. I ended up with 11 envelopes. She said when she got it, she thought it was a piece of fabric I told her I was mailing her. After about the 3rd envelope, everyone stopped and watched her open all the envelopes, they all laughed. I would send her a card about once a week and fill it with different kinds of confetti. The other residents were always anxious to see what I would send. Mom has passed and I miss her so very much - I'm glad I was able to put a little sunshine in her last years. (sorry this is so long).
    That is so neat, your mom most have been beaming, every time the mail came. What a very spiecal daughter you were to her. God bless.

Power Poster
    No never thought of it as the bags seem to smell. How would you get the smell out?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kristen0112
    You girls crack me up who smells their dog food bags after they are empty? I am picturing all of you sticking your noses into your dog food bag after its empty like somehow it didn't smell before when the food was in it??? Ha ha ha.
    My dear, you don't need to stick your nose into the bag, just opening it is enough.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginia
    You girls crack me up who smells their dog food bags after they are empty? I am picturing all of you sticking your noses into your dog food bag after its empty like somehow it didn't smell before when the food was in it??? Ha ha ha.
    My dear, you don't need to stick your nose into the bag, just opening it is enough.
    Well, girls, I am getting so tired of all this about making tote bags from dog food bags that as soon as I empty my dog food into its bin, I am going to clean it up and make a tote bag and post a pic of it. I am going to keep track of how much time I spend on the whole process and let you know how this goes. Then hopefully we can lay this subject to rest where it belongs; in the trash. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginia
    Well, girls, I am getting so tired of all this about making tote bags from dog food bags that as soon as I empty my dog food into its bin, I am going to clean it up and make a tote bag and post a pic of it. I am going to keep track of how much time I spend on the whole process and let you know how this goes. Then hopefully we can lay this subject to rest where it belongs; in the trash. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    So I have just completed the tote bag from a dog food bag. I am going to post it in new pics under "tote bag/dog food bag.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4