Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you found your "perfect" machine? >

Have you found your "perfect" machine?

Have you found your "perfect" machine?

Old 03-19-2015, 06:43 AM

I love my Janome 9900 which has two stitching plates; one for embroidery (which I also do from time to time), and one for quilting and straight stitching so the fabric doesn't get jammed into the needle's hole. It has worked beautifully for both purposes.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:05 AM

Quilter2090 has the right answer as each of us is different and so are machines. For me my Pfaff is always going to be the Queen of the sewing room, but my Singer Confidence Quilter is the workhorse. I also have a basic Singer that does piecing like a champ so it is high on my list. My friend has a new Bernina and I drool every time I hear the hum of the machine, but as long as my machines are doing a great job they are the "perfect" machines for me.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:03 AM

I love my Viking #1. She entered my life in the 80s. One of the old computer machines. She does everything very well.
Her computer cards are falling apart from old age but still work. I hope she lasts as long as I do.
Brenda from Wadesville IN
Old 03-19-2015, 10:00 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Nope found some machines that are good ! BUT I think I should just find me an old Kenmore like I had 30 years ago ..
Old 03-19-2015, 10:35 AM

My old Kenmore, hands down! It was my moms, about fifty something years old, I truly think it would sew through a bed of nails, purrs like a kitten. Have had some work done on it, not much, just a new cord and foot pedal, it was in a flood, stayed under water for 3 days back in the early 80's. Got a Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 just over 2 years ago, wanted the fancy stitches and whatnot, it's a good machine, despite what everyone says about Singers, but I know it won't outlast my old Kenmore.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:45 AM

Bernina 440Q and Singer Featherweight.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

Baby Lock Crescendo for piecing and quilting.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:33 PM

Love my Bernina 440 QE. I got lucky with that purchase since I really didn't know what I was doing. Was going to reasearch sewing machines, test them, etc., but tried the 440 with the BSR at a local quilt show went to the dealer's and bought it about 10 years ago. I use a Featherweight at the cottage and like it but it's not my 440. Should add, I have a longarm for quilting so harp size isn't important to me.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ms Grace View Post
Mine WAS my beloved Pfaff 7550 ( the real Ms Grace).
She went to the big fabric store in the sky almost a year ago.
Since then I have tried several other machines, but I just can't seem to "bond" with another machine.

What is your favorite machine for piecing?

*I have tried Singer Featherweight, Babylock, Singer 301.
Right now I'm using my Juki Tl-98q. It's good, but just "not it"
I just love my Bernina 880.....I love it for everything.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:06 PM

I have a Juki TL2010Q and a Brother CS6000i and love them both. The Brother was very inexpensive on Amazon and sews nice even stitches and has a lot of extra feet. The Juki can really hum along and the big harp area handles queen/king sized quilts rather easily. I love FMQing on it, but don't care for the walking foot --too clunky for my taste. The Brother is a really nice carry along machine (weigh less than half what the Juki weighs) and a great value, while the Juki is a real workhorse who has yet to find a thread it could not handle with ease.