Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you seen this iron? >

Have you seen this iron?

Have you seen this iron?

Old 06-22-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I have a black and decker just like this...LOVE it..especially the No holes..and the weight of it..I love a heavy iron...better for PRESSING which is what we do in quilting..not ironing..

where did you find the black and decker? or do you have a serial #? i'd love to see these in person.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Home Depot use to have no hole no steam irons. I haven't seen them there in a long time but some Home Depots may still have them. I remember the price was $39.99, about the same probably if you have to pay shipping to order it. I don't remember if it had a brand name on it. These irons are best for fusible too. No hole spots to not get evenly heated and no hole impressions left.

Home Depot has them on their website for $28 plus shipping, it's the same brand as the Vermont store so check with a Home depot store and maybe get one sent to the store for pickup with free shipping? Wouldn't hurt to ask.
BB, what brand is it? i can't see it from that pic.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:33 AM

I got mine from Vermont Country Store (I posted a thread on it as well becasue I was really impressed). Couple of things - they do get very hot even around the handle. The other thing is that if for some reason you accidently iron fusible interfacing on the wrong side (laughing at myself) and the sole gets all gummed up, VCS does not carry a product to clean off the sole. I am going to recommend to them that they also carry the Dritz Iron Off product which works well. I called customer serive at VCS after I gummed up the sole and they told me to scrub it with warm soap and water - they also offered to take it back!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:01 AM

I have a vintage iron like that no holes. Its smaller and I will use it for fusible next time. Doesn't leave bumps. :-)
Old 06-22-2011, 11:24 AM

I inherited my mother's sunbeam dry iron. she had it as long as i can remember, it iinally died, I dropped it. I had been looking for one since I started quilting. Found one the other day at a yard sale for $3, havent tried it yet. If it does not work will order from Vermont store.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:37 AM

I saw one like it in a Carol Doak's DVD. She prefers this iron for her paperpiecing. :D
Old 06-22-2011, 01:32 PM

Yes I had one and liked it. I bought mine at Service Merch, seems like that is about the price I gave for it
Old 06-22-2011, 01:45 PM

When I gummed mine with fusible I first did the technique I read on here of ironing on a clean dryer sheet then onto paper towels. That took off quite a bit. Then after the iron was completely cool, I used a damp Mr Clean Eraser thing...that got some more. Then I used a little GooGone for the last bit. I love not worrying about those steam holes!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Home Depot use to have no hole no steam irons. I haven't seen them there in a long time but some Home Depots may still have them. I remember the price was $39.99, about the same probably if you have to pay shipping to order it. I don't remember if it had a brand name on it. These irons are best for fusible too. No hole spots to not get evenly heated and no hole impressions left.

Home Depot has them on their website for $28 plus shipping, it's the same brand as the Vermont store so check with a Home depot store and maybe get one sent to the store for pickup with free shipping? Wouldn't hurt to ask.
BB, what brand is it? i can't see it from that pic.

the description with the picture at homedepot.com says:
Continental Platinum Classic Dry Iron
Model # CP43001 Internet # 100598843

$28.96 /EA-Each
Old 06-22-2011, 02:48 PM

Speaking of dry vintage irons...Check this one out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Fostoria...item2564e06d88