Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you seen this iron? >

Have you seen this iron?

Have you seen this iron?

Old 06-22-2011, 02:50 PM

Is it a GE? That's the kind of irons we had in "the olden days," and we used a bunched up wedamp rag to wet the fabric with. Those were very good irons and I think you will like it for a dry iron.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:30 PM

I bought the same iron from Vermont Country Store and it didn't last very long at all.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:03 PM

Iv'e been a customer in the VCS in the real! They check everything out! It is a fun place to go! Like stores used to be! If they say it, believe them, they are down to earth practical people!
Jeannie
Old 06-22-2011, 05:49 PM

I bought one a few years ago and I love it.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:55 PM

I've had this iron for 4 years and love it!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:27 PM

I also got one from the Vermont Country Store and I like it for fusing. I find the sole plate to be not as smooth as my other iron, so it doesn't slide as well. The top of the iron just under the handle gets very hot, and I've burned myself a few times.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:38 AM

Great features! It's nice to know you can find such an iron these days, even if it is made in China.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by AnitaSt
It's a Dry Iron...no steam to deal with and no holes on the sole plate. I always had trouble with points or seam intersections getting caught in the holes on my old steam iron and I rarely used the steam anyway.

I've had this a couple of weeks now and really like it. No auto shutoff feature, which I like. I keep it plugged into a surge surge protector along with a lamp to remember to turn them both off when I'm done. It does have an "off" position but I never quite trust those switches.

It's nice and heavy but somewhat smaller than my other iron, which I like. It gets plenty hot at the cotton setting, but I haven't yet used the lower settings. I've already gotten fusible goo on it and it cleaned up nicely.

Unfortunately, it's made in China, but what isn't nowadays? I don't like that aspect but otherwise like the iron.

I got it from Vermont Country Store for $29.99 plus shipping (can't recall how much shipping cost). Here's a link: http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/p...l?evar3=search
YEEEE-HAAAAAAAA!

My mother had a Sunbeam dry iron over 40 years ago that was just the best. Sadly, she lost it in a house fire. I've always wanted one, have bought two at yard sales and both turned out to be burned out when I plugged them in (not unexpected when they were each less than fifty cents).

Thank you for the link.