Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you tried this? >

Have you tried this?

Have you tried this?

Old 08-27-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Granna of 5
I am the queen of the seam ripper, and always have a problem with the little strings left over, so this morning I did some brain storming with what little brain I have left. I got a roll of masking tape and when finished taking out put the strip of tape on the fabric and unbelievable it took the strings off and I could throw the whole thing in the trash without sweeping up strings. I love this... I bet I am probably the last person in the world who didn't already know this..lol
I use a lint roller. I remember reading this hint somewhere. It works like a charm.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:56 AM

I thought I was the queen of the seam ripper. I'll be happy to give up the title. Great idea with the tape or roller! Thanks!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:51 AM

Haven't tried that but I keep an old yellow lead pencil and the eraser does a great job of cleaning up my bobo's
Old 08-27-2010, 12:42 PM

Great idea! I usually just throw all my thread pieces on the floor and vacuum when I am done with my project.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:30 PM

i use painters tape , it has its own place in my sewing room
Old 08-27-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Blue painter's tape is my "go to" for lots of things. I like to use a small loop that I stick on the side of my machine to hold thread ends and such while I'm sewing. This is especially good when there's not much room for a (what I think) are those heavy ditty bags that hang on the table.
Ditto, I use blue painters tape for taping down my quilt backing and top and batting. I also use it to pick up loose threads on the floor, love the stuff.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:43 PM

I also used to throw all of my threads on the floor but I discovered that some of them jumped up on my quilt again. After just finishing up on a king quilt I decided I was going to have to switch to the roller. If was impossible to always keep part of it from hitting the floor and making contact with those pesky threads.

Originally Posted by KarenS
Great idea! I usually just throw all my thread pieces on the floor and vacuum when I am done with my project.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Blue painter's tape is my "go to" for lots of things. I like to use a small loop that I stick on the side of my machine to hold thread ends and such while I'm sewing. This is especially good when there's not much room for a (what I think) are those heavy ditty bags that hang on the table.
A good tip I got from a long arm quilter....she pins a small square of flannel on her upper chest to one side and puts her snippets of thread on that. Works wonderful.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:49 PM

Now I'm the next-to-the last person to figure that out -- an inexpensive roll of masking tape is a MUST in my sewing room.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:52 AM

I also use a lint roller, tape is too sticky and sticks to my hands, just tell me how to get a new piece of lint roller without tearing it up!