Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hawaiian Quilt >

Hawaiian Quilt

Hawaiian Quilt

Old 12-20-2022, 05:32 AM

The first thing that came to mind was a chandelier quilt. Just another option to consider that would show off the individual prints.

Pechish, I immediately thought of the traditional Hawaiian quilts that are whole cloth and applique too. But with all of the smaller squares, a Hawaiian fabric focused quilt would be terrific and a whole different style. .
Old 12-20-2022, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
I wonder if something like this would work?

It is told about at https://charleydeeandme.blogspot.com...an-quilts.html I couldn't find a pattern, but it looks like the squares are sashed on two sides and then twisted in different directions.

Maybe some other ideas at https://lisaboyer.com/lindex.html

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Wow, I really like this one!
Old 12-20-2022, 06:33 AM

I can't post pictures and I know where the download button is, changing the size, etc. but it has been this way since that change the Board made a while back. I am having a computer tech coming to our house to figure out what is going wrong. So until that happens there are 105 various blues with white color, another white with yellow, brown and white floral petals and then the white background with pineapples. They are all 5" squares and seem to be a nice quality. I would like to keep the pineapple square the 5" size. Thought about a disappearing 9-patch, or one of the ideas already submitted. Appreciate all your help and by the time I get it done, I may be able to post a picture! Thanks all and have a blessed Christmas.
Old 12-20-2022, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
Hoping this link to Dunster's recent post works correctly - Chandelier Quilts - she made two fabulous chandelier quilts using Hawaiian fabrics and they turned out sharp!
You can download the free pattern for Chandelier here. It's made with charm packs, which are 5" squares.
Old 12-20-2022, 08:37 AM

Just a refresher for posting pictures
We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap
And how to use an ipad to post pictures can be found at Uploading photos

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 12-21-2022, 07:52 AM

I love the one Dunster suggested. I hope to make one soon myself. Have fun!
Old 12-21-2022, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Karamarie View Post
I can't post pictures and I know where the download button is, changing the size, etc. but it has been this way since that change the Board made a while back. I am having a computer tech coming to our house to figure out what is going wrong. So until that happens there are 105 various blues with white color, another white with yellow, brown and white floral petals and then the white background with pineapples. They are all 5" squares and seem to be a nice quality. I would like to keep the pineapple square the 5" size. Thought about a disappearing 9-patch, or one of the ideas already submitted. Appreciate all your help and by the time I get it done, I may be able to post a picture! Thanks all and have a blessed Christmas.
I don't have to change the size of my pictures. this is how you do it now on this site:

How to Post Picture in quilting forum:

Click on the 'Go Advanced' box below the quick reply message area (need to scroll down to the bottom of the page of the posted threads to see the quick reply message area).

then click on the paperclip symbol beside the happy face in the header above the message box (you'll see it after you click on the 'go advanced' box)

then click on 'choose a file' (and go to the picture file on your computer and choose the picture you want to post)
do this multiple times if you have more than one picture to post

then go clear over to the right side of the box where you chose a file, by sliding the tab on the bottom so you can see the right side of that page

and then click on the box that says 'upload' near the top of the page

once it is done uploading, then submit your reply --- ------ Note: do not preview the post, just submit your reply.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 12-21-2022 at 10:29 AM.