Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help deciding between two machines >

Help deciding between two machines

Help deciding between two machines

Old 04-28-2012, 01:51 PM

I don't have the Janome 6600, but looked at it and loved it. The only reason I didn't buy it was because it doesn't have a free arm (for sewing cuffs on long sleeves, necklines, etc.). Otherwise, I think it's just perfect! many great features. I'm not at all familiar with the other machine, so can't comment on that.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:20 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone! I spent a lot of time with both machines before I posted here and in the end decided to purchase the Husqvarna Tribute 140c. I ended up bonding with that one more than the Janome, if that makes sense

Again thanks for the help - it was such a big investment for me and I was scared to death, but now that I've purchased it I can't wait to use it!

Vanessa
Old 04-29-2012, 04:28 AM

I think you made the right decision. My Husqvarnas stitch so much better than my Janome 6500.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by vkasal View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone! I spent a lot of time with both machines before I posted here and in the end decided to purchase the Husqvarna Tribute 140c. I ended up bonding with that one more than the Janome, if that makes sense

Again thanks for the help - it was such a big investment for me and I was scared to death, but now that I've purchased it I can't wait to use it!

Vanessa
HI Vanessa--

this is a really silly question...but can you give the dimensions of the foot print of the tribute 140c? I'd like to know how long and wide the machine is. reason for asking...will it fit in the "cut out" of my sewing cabinet!

THank you!

Betsey
Old 05-22-2012, 01:59 PM

Congrats on the new Viking. Love my Platinum and my friend loves her Sapphire! I piece quilting fabrics, sew home dec from brocades to sheers and even sew coated dog food bags (to make shopping bags) on mine. The tension senor (auto fabric sensor) is awesome.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:59 PM

Hi Vanessa! I, too recently got a Tribute 140C and so far absolutely LOVE it! I am now quilting my 2d quilt with it and love the throat space! I also love the stitch in the ditch foot (that I got in the little bonus case). Hope you love yours as much as I am loving mine!!

Betsey, not sure if I measured correctly, but it's about 17 1/2 by 8 1/2. The downside to the Viking was it did not fit in my sewing table; but that's ok. I left my little Brother there (for piecing) and got another table for the Viking
Old 05-22-2012, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by krysti View Post
Hi Vanessa! I, too recently got a Tribute 140C and so far absolutely LOVE it! I am now quilting my 2d quilt with it and love the throat space! I also love the stitch in the ditch foot (that I got in the little bonus case). Hope you love yours as much as I am loving mine!!

Betsey, not sure if I measured correctly, but it's about 17 1/2 by 8 1/2. The downside to the Viking was it did not fit in my sewing table; but that's ok. I left my little Brother there (for piecing) and got another table for the Viking
Thank you Krysti!! that helps so much! my hubby said he can extend the opening a bit, so might work. Will go check out the 140C! Am i allowed to ask what a good price would be???
Old 05-22-2012, 03:04 PM

Of course you are allowed to ask I just hope no one else responds to this telling me I paid too much!! I paid about $1500 for mine. The list price is $1999. Hope it helps and let me know if ya get one.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:26 PM

I would say take the one you are most comfortable with and have a dealer close so you can take lessons and get help.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:58 PM

If you are only quilting why are you looking for bells and whistles? I've changed my tune and have 1 machine for general sewing & mending. But I love the stitches the vintage machines make for quilting. Hop over to the Vintage portion of the forum before you make a choice and ask why go with a vintage machine.