Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help!  I think I need an intervention! >

Help! I think I need an intervention!

Help! I think I need an intervention!

Old 02-24-2012, 06:21 PM

Y'all are cracking me up!!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:26 PM

I can't help because I have the same problem - I am addicted to Moda pre-cuts - I just love them.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:56 PM

For me it helps if you only buy for projects that way you don't go bezerk and buy stuff you won't use
Old 02-24-2012, 09:22 PM

Funny! I stopped (I mean slowed down a lot) when it just hit me one day when I realized that I need to use it all up before I am gone because I don't want just anyone to come in and take this stuff. My DH will be so distraught if I go first (as I would him too) that he won't be thinking clearly and he will just give it away to anyone who comes to the door. I too picked up several yards each time I went out the door to a sale, just to build up the stash over the past 3 years. DH drove me most of the time as we did it on our day of 'running errands'. So he supported every cent I spent. And the total isn't pretty. I open my cupboard doors and just get overwhelmed at all the yardage (over 550 different fabrics with 1-3 yards each, mostly 3). I too have an addiction to something that is new and wonderful and my mind spins with ideas. With the price of gas going up, maybe that will snap you back to reality and you won't leave the yard. Of course, after you have built up that stash and are comfortable with it.
I too am encouraged by DH to quilt and sew. He knows it means more to me than going back to work. As a matter of fact, today we did a road trip and every time he saw a barn or log building, he talked about how it would make a great quilting barn or shed. If we get destitute, he says we will buy a used 14x70 mobile home and the only space he needs is a bed, small kitchen, and bathroom. The rest of the area will be for quilting. He is so funny too. Like he would get any room to breath with all my stuff.

Last edited by NanaCsews2; 02-24-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:02 PM

Now, I have to downsize, well, I get to downsize for LOVE. but we all STARTED where you are now.
Sale, sale, sale, sale. yeah! more, more, more
Old 02-24-2012, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
I can't help because I have the same problem - I am addicted to Moda pre-cuts - I just love them.
OMG! Me tooo!! I could spend a year's salary on all that stuff! I just love it... ALL of it!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:18 PM

Need someone to go shopping with you?
Old 02-25-2012, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Ah! And just wait until the vintage machine addiction starts!!
Amen to that!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:16 AM
QM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
I think you're asking the wrong people for help. We're all enablers here.
I agree. Just ask yourself: 1. can I afford it? 2. do I have space for it? 3. do I actually like it? If answers 1-3 are YES!, then GO FOR IT! #3 is important. If you don't really like it, it will never get used except as a backing, and maybe not there. As you progress and develop your fabric tastes, you may get more picky.....or maybe not. I currently have roughly 50 large drawers of fabric, after careful sorting and weeding from a recent move. This is not counting the stuff that is out in the shed. Fabriholism is a disease. Enjoy it.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:49 AM

I feel your pain. When I was married, and we'd fight, I would go buy fabric. (teach him to argue with me!!). Now here I am single (thats a YAYAYYY) and I have carted my "fight" stash across the country. another YAYYYY!!! You go girl, you wont be sorry. LOL. just dont starve in the process.