Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with ideas for special baby >

Help with ideas for special baby

Help with ideas for special baby

Old 09-10-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc
Can you make a tiny bonnet or little gown that the baby can wear while she holds him or her and has some photos taken? Then she can either keep the little item or sadly have the baby buried with it and then she'll have a photo of the baby wearing it.

So heartbreaking. I will pray for her, her little one and the family.
This is an excellent suggestion.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:15 PM

I have made little demise gowns for hospitals before. It breaks my heart to think a little one will be buried in a hospital shirt. I, too, think a little gown or outfit of some sort would be nice.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:32 PM

i am so sorry for her loss and also sorry I am just now getting around to reading this ! There is an organization called Threads of Love and the chapter I was loosely affiliated with is out of Denham Springs,Louisiana . They make all kinds of things for parents and babies in this heart breaking situation. Check them out, please, everybody. I could not run an entire chapter by myself even tho i have tried twice. Maybe several board members here could work an pool what is made and help this cause. Just google Threads of Love. They have patterns and such good hearts.This is a very good cause. I am praying.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:35 PM

my heart goes out to the parents and family.
all will be in my prayers.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:34 PM

There is a book (available on Amazon-you can google it up) called "Empty Arms". It was written by a woman named Sherokee Ilse. It is a wonderful book that has helped many parents - myself included - cope with the death of a newborn baby. Perhapsyou could get a copy of the book and include it with whatever other tribute to this little angel you decide upon. There also used to be a support group for parents called "Compassionate Friends". You might check to see if there is a group in your area and provide your friend(s) with information on meeting dates, times and locations also. Will be praying for your friend and her soon to be angel.