Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help Me Find Quilt Stops on my TRIP!!! >

Help Me Find Quilt Stops on my TRIP!!!

Help Me Find Quilt Stops on my TRIP!!!

Old 08-06-2011, 02:52 AM

I've heard good things about Sew Be It in Ringold GA. They just finished rebuilding after the tornado.

Consider shipping your fabric home. Some shops won't charge tax if you're mailing it from the shop.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:30 AM

Invest in a "Quilter's Travel Companion" It runs about $20 I think. It lists every quilt store in the country! Eight years ago, DH and I were taking a trip up the East Coast. We would stop at night and he would take out the map and the QTC. He would say "If we go this route, we can go to this store, and this one and this one, etc" And we did!
Also, when traveling in Lancaster, PA, remember that on Sundays, very few businesses are open!
Old 08-06-2011, 03:31 AM

Since you're heading up to southern Maine, a place NOT to miss is Marden's in Sanford, Me. It's only about 25 minutes from Kennebunkport. They have an amazing amount of fabric at wonderful prices and they are very generous with their cuts. I picked up 20 quarter yards (the girl cut them to at least 15" each) and also picked up 5 yards of white on white and 3 yards of another fabric for a bargello I want to make and it cost me $40.00. I used to live in Ogunquit and another place to stop in at is Knight's Quilt shop on Route One in Ogunquit. Very nice. Of course, I never head back to the northeast without going over to Centre Harbor and visit Keepsake Quilting. Enjoy your trip!!
Old 08-06-2011, 03:38 AM

I'm not sure of the route you are taking but if you are going through Tenn. check your map around Newport and make a little detour to Holloway's at Cosby. Wonderful little shop just jammed packed with fabric. Don't blink or you will miss it I think there are only like 3 businesses there. But it is beautiful country to see
Old 08-06-2011, 03:39 AM

Berlin Ohio is a must!!!!!!!!!!! A community full of Amish quilt shops, and a giant fabric warehouse called Zincks. Google Berlin, Ohio. I visit here twice a year to restock.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:51 AM

This is a great book. Had to visit inlaws in JUly. Took the book. Had to do a great deal of repacking to get it all back on the plane home.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:04 AM

Marion, Ohio......Good Wives is a must. They do beautiful work on their samples...makes you want to buy everything in the shop...LOL!!! They are the sweetest people. Always make it there a couple of times whenever I'm in Ohio.

Berlin...my cousin lives near there and I didn't even think of going over there looking at quilt shops when I'm home in Ohio.

Originally Posted by MarV
Berlin Ohio is a must!!!!!!!!!!! A community full of Amish quilt shops, and a giant fabric warehouse called Zincks. Google Berlin, Ohio. I visit here twice a year to restock.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:10 AM

If you get anywhere near Lancaster, PA, you'll see so many quilt shops you won't know what to do!! I live across the state, but when I get to that area, that's all I look for! Since I don't live there, I don't have exact places to shop, but just Google quilt shops in that area, and you'll have lots to choose from. Have fun!!! :thumbup:
Old 08-06-2011, 04:16 AM

You can find the "Quilters Travel Companion" in your LQS or look it up on-line to map out your route. I envy you. Have a wonderful trip and don't forget to tell us about it!
Old 08-06-2011, 04:33 AM

Are you going anywhere near New Hampshire?
Keepsake Quiting is in a lovley area of the country, mountains, small town atmosphere. Went there once.
http://www.keepsakequilting.com/