Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help Me Find Quilt Stops on my TRIP!!! >

Help Me Find Quilt Stops on my TRIP!!!

Help Me Find Quilt Stops on my TRIP!!!

Old 08-06-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by thrums
I've heard good things about Sew Be It in Ringold GA. They just finished rebuilding after the tornado.

Consider shipping your fabric home. Some shops won't charge tax if you're mailing it from the shop.
I visited there before the tornado and found things that I had been looking for and some new items.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:23 AM

when you are in Maine this is not a quilt store but they are a discount store but sell quilt fabric a lot less than quilt stores and have the same fabric that the quilt stores carry for a lot less i go to Mardens in Sanford Maine. not sure just what part of Maine you are going but there is a lot of them in the state. there fabric is from $3.49 to $5.99 they sell Moda, timeless treasures and blank. these are only a few i can think of right now. I go a lot and i live in New Hampshire.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:29 AM

In the Portage Lakes area of Akron, OH, there's a shop called "A Piece in Time". I've taken lessons there. On State Rd. in Cuyahoga Falls, OH is a shop called "Stitch, Piece, and Purl". It is also very nice. There are also a couple in Canton, OH and Louisville, OH; but I can't remember the names offhand. If interested, I will get them for you.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:48 AM

You absolutely must detour to Keepsake in Center Harbor, New Hampshire and plan a long stay in the shop. Really worth it.
Safe trip, Kutnso
Old 08-06-2011, 08:10 AM

Lancaster Pa. is good quilt country also Paducah Kentucky where they have a Hancocks store. I have ordered online from Somewhere Sewing in Millersburg Ohio and they are wonderfull! Have seen adds for Zincks fabric outlet in Howard Ohio but have never been there. Enjoy your trip and take pics along the way to send to those of us who would love to be there. Check your LQS they should have a Quilters Bible that should give you info on all the quilt store in the states. Don't forget to get hours they are open so you willnot be disappointed when you get there.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by DeeBooper
If you go near Marcellus in NY (near Syracuse) you have to check out Patchwork Plus! They were in a magazine for one of the top tens and they truly are!
Yes, this is a great one and they have yarn as well!

The Quilter's Attic in Goodlettsville, Tenn. is super, too. It is north of Nashville and we spent a lot of time there on my recent trip.

There is also a lovely shop in Finnlayville(sp), a suburb of Pittsburgh, but access is difficult and there is a ton of construction/road repair both into and out of Pittsburgh. We just got back a couple of weeks ago and at that time the delays were awful. I would do that shop online. I think it is QuiltersCorner-PA.com.

Have fun on your trip! I can't wait to hear about it.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dix
I never leave Oklahoma without my Quilter's Travel Companion
book. It comes out every 2 years and gives names, phone and maps to shops in all states, Canada,Hawaii and Alaska.
Have fun and make them all!
I, too, love my QTC. Wouldn't dream of leaving home without it (LOL)!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:28 AM

I-75 Middletown exit - go west to Cracker Barrel - left left and left again behind Cracker Barrel. To the left of Kidd Coffee, you will find a cute NEW little quilt shop - Complete Quilting. Lots of FQ and fall material along with everything else. Have fun on your trip.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:21 AM

Freeport Maine has a nice quilt shop and it's right on Route 1. There are two more in Nobleboro also right on that route.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:52 PM

After reading all the posts to this question, I'm now really envious of you and the fun you'll have on your trip. My DH and I plan to take a similar trip when we both retire, but it's several years away. Have a terrific time planning your stops and more fun visiting the shops along the way!