Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help me quick!!! >

Help me quick!!!

Help me quick!!!

Old 03-06-2011, 03:03 PM

When all else fails, I take a bar of LAVA soap and wet the soap and the stain and rub gently. S

Good Luck

Suzyo far it has removed many stubborn stains that many stain removers wouldn't touch. I don't know how large an area you are talking about but I just work one spot at a time and so far so good.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:12 PM

Sorry granddaughter hit some keys just as I was sending. Hope you an understand above post.

Suzy
Old 03-06-2011, 03:18 PM

if you live near a Dollar Tree run and get their cleaning product AWESOME. That's the name of it. It takes everything out - ball point pen, blood, soda
Old 03-06-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by matraina
Here's a little story similar to the spilled Coke but has nothing to do with quilting. We were having a baby shower for my niece (my Godchild) and I had seen this beautiful crib cake. It was large enough for the guests and rather expensive. On the way to my sister-in-law's the day before the shower, I held the cake on my lap so it wouldn't fall or anything. My husband got into a car accident, and the cake was everywhere. Luckily, my niece knew the owner of a very good bake shop in the area and took it there. He was able to selvage it but it never looked like what it was before the crash.
i was working for a catering company in florida years ago.. i was driving the van with a wedding cake, white icing with bright royal blue flowers.. i got tboned when a car ran a traffic light.. that cake was everywhere.. 2pm sat afternoon.. way b4 cell phones.. i had to find a phone so i could call work.. they had to replace it...

the bakery had cakes in the freezer, so they could redo it, but it was very simple & all white... we took some of the flowers out of the centerpieces & used those to decorate the cake..i was white & blue, cause the icing was all over me...

bride was lovely about it.. mother of the bride stiffed us all on tips because we didn't deliver the cake of her dreams.. b$%%&!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Originally Posted by emerald46
Redi whip in the spray can..is a miracle worker as well.
Redi Whip, hmm who would of thought....
I don't think this is meant to get out the cola stain...but then again maybe it is. But I take it as "shake can, remove lid, point nozzle into your mouth and squeeze as much as you want into your mouth". Repeat until contents of can is either empty or your feeling better about the stain. LOL.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:12 PM

If it doesn't come out, you could tea dye it and you'd never know it happened. Sorry, I know it must be heartbreaking.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jill
I would have tried Shout first, but then I always have good luck with it. My MIL said when she used Oxy-Clean that it was very hard on their clothes. I was pinning the Sunbonnet Sue quilt for my DGD last night and stuck myself on a pin. Wouldn't you know that the blood dropped on the white fabric, not any other color. Anyway, it came right out with cold water.
Blood comes out with your own saliva - something about the enzymes.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:45 PM

Try WISK. You can get this in the laundry detergent aisle. Tide usually works for me. I use the Wisk for tough stains.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:46 PM

Well here is the end to the story. I soaked it overnight with Oxyclean and it came out. However it did fade the quilt a bit but not drastically. I still had to put the rest of the binding on it and since the quilt had shrunk some I decided to wash the other strips of binding and sew them to the quilt while they both were wet so that any dryer shrinkage would wrinkle the same as the strips already on it. Sewing a wet quilt was an adventure I never thought I would have! Then I put it back on the longarm frame because I had planned on one more row of quilting right next to the binding so I still had that to do. I did that wet too so that that quilting would match when it dried. Then I threw it in the dryer, and it looked just fine when it was done. I don't usually wash the quilts I gift so I did tell the story to my sister so that she could explain to my neice why it was already washed. And my husband gets to stay! He's a keeper and it was an accident. He still feels really bad and I bet he never does it again!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:59 PM

Great to hear you got the stain out and that all is well...even if it was an adventure. Now, give Hubs a big kiss for thinking of you to bring you beverage, but tell him next time to put it in a water bottle with a lid! :)