Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! Need ideas! on how to Quilt this Paperpieced Top

What a gorgeous quilt! I love paper piecing. It can be tedious, but the results are worth it.

Blog Entries
    Yours is the most stunning ~ breathtaking ~ paperpieced version of Karen Stone's curved designs I've EVER seen. I think such perfect points scream for curvey feather quilting. This quilt will win prizes when it is finished! Thank you for showing it to us!

breathtaking!!!!

Love it, love it, love it. Get it in the show! It is absolutely stunning, you should do very well at the show.

Good luck, if this were a public voting system at the show you would get my vote for sure!

Great job, hugs Gail

Beautiful - It would take a more experienced quilter than I to advise, but I know you will find a way

great ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmcjjr6
    Your quilt is spectacular. Given the amount of work in it you should do custom quilting. I would SID all of the triangles and star points to get them to pop. Then you can do fancy feathers, leaves, whatever in the big light spaces to kind of mush them down and the triangles will stand out.
    julia

I agree with the previous posting that you should outline stitch in the ditch to emphasize the main points pattern, In the big pieces maybe you could just stitch 1/4 inch apart in an echo all the way to the center. The geometry might be nice.

Wow, It is so beautiful now I can't wait to see it when you add the quilting. AMAZING!

Sorry no ideas but WOW on both this and your avatar! Amazing work! Show us when you do figure out how to finish this quilt. I'm sure it will be a show stopper!

The quilt is beautiful, it needs to be in the show. I liked the idea of SID around the points to bring them out. Good Luck and let us know how you did.It really is stunning.

How about some kind of design in the background, gray, on-point squares for starters? If you can figure out feathers or something to put into those areas, maybe the rest will fall into place. Good luck - great quilt! I love Karen K. Stone's quilts and have done one myself!

WOWZER! :shock: I cannot help with quilting advice but just had to tell you what a beautiful top this is & that you did an amazing job on it. :thumbup: What a stunning top!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    I think if I was to piece something that fantastic, I'd turn Green Fairy loose on it!! :lol:

I've no suggestions, other than feathers don't even seem adequate for what you've done here...and I *love* feathers!! :lol:
    I agree with this suggestion on both counts :) Beautiful quilt top!! Good luck!

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Ditter43
    What an amazing piece of work!!! I see lots of feathers but I am sure you will get wonderful suggestions. What ever you do please show us when your done.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ditter
    I have to agree with Ditter here. I can't find words that haven't been posted to describe how beautiful your top is! Custom work for sure! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    OMG, your

Blog Entries
    Let me try this again. omg, WHAT A GORGEOUS QUILT!!!! First place I were a judge.

cka

I just went to a class given by Helen Squire. Her rule is if the design is geometric it needs flowing quilting design. I think the feathers are a brilliant idea for you amazing quilt. In flowing cables maybe along the sashing lines. And a larger flowing feather design in the larger blocks. Don't forget the borders.

cka

Ooops, just went and looked again. No borders, so skip that recommendation. Find something beautiful and flowing and audition it over the blocks. Whatever you choose will be lovely.

Wow, can't help you with the quilting either, but do get a quilting pattern that matches your quilt design. Maybe star patterns. A professional quilter would really help, and yes do enter it in a quilt show, a job well done.

This top is beautiful

Absolutely gorgeous. Have no idea how to quilt it. Just wish I could pp that well. You should be very proud. Maybe you should take your time and enter it next year because it truly is a winner.

Blog Entries
    That is gorgeous!! Haven't a clue about the quilting,
    but I'm drooling too much to even think of something
    like that. I had no idea that people could do such
    marvelous work in quilting till I found this forum!!

I'm in awe of such work!! And I'll bet that you win
    whatever event you enter this lovely thing in!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by martha jo
    Absolutely gorgeous. Have no idea how to quilt it. Just wish I could pp that well. You should be very proud. Maybe you should take your time and enter it next year because it truly is a winner.
    Actually, I've been thinking the same thing - but maybe you are one of those talented people who produce their best work under pressure!

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    It's beautiful! I also made Karen Stones McCommas Beauty and can't believe how different they look with different fabrics and color placement!
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's beautiful. I can understand why you would hesitate. It's so lovely you would hate to mess it up.

I would want to accentuate the points. And those open areas just call for a beautiful design.

Please share with us when you get it quilted. It's so stunning.

Cynthia

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast