Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Help! Need ideas! on how to Quilt this Paperpieced Top

This is a masterpiece !!! :-D

Blog Entries
    WOW! how beautiful, you difinetely need to finish that up and put it in the show. that is where it belongs. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
    It's beautiful! I also made Karen Stones McCommas Beauty and can't believe how different they look with different fabrics and color placement!

WOW!!! Your McCommas is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    I love to see see the quilts in other color ways and fabrics. I think one in blues would be stunning too.

Quote Originally Posted by martha jo
    Absolutely gorgeous. Have no idea how to quilt it. Just wish I could pp that well. You should be very proud. Maybe you should take your time and enter it next year because it truly is a winner.

I am thinking you are right, my husband just said the same thing last night about entering it next year instead of this. (I was telling him about all the comments and suggestions thru the board here) I want to improve my feather skills so am thinking that is the thing to do.

I am so appreciative of all the wonderful comments, and ideas!!

The Avatar picture that was mentioned is also a Karen Stone paperpiecing pattern. I have 2 friends that made the same one except in different colors and they are beautiful too.

I would try somthing to make your cures pop, maybe 1/8 inch either side and also somthing in centers.

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    I think yours is much more stunning than mine! LOL Your fabric choices and color placement definitely makes everything pop where mine I think after seeing yours looks much too blended where nothing really pops. So beside seeing another stunning PP quilt which are my favorite, I learned something from you sharing. Thanks you! Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by JAGSD
    Absolutely gorgeous. Have no idea how to quilt it. Just wish I could pp that well. You should be very proud. Maybe you should take your time and enter it next year because it truly is a winner.

I am thinking you are right, my husband just said the same thing last night about entering it next year instead of this. (I was telling him about all the comments and suggestions thru the board here) I want to improve my feather skills so am thinking that is the thing to do.

I am so appreciative of all the wonderful comments, and ideas!!

The Avatar picture that was mentioned is also a Karen Stone paperpiecing pattern. I have 2 friends that made the same one except in different colors and they are beautiful too.
    That would be a wise choice as then you won't be rushed to complete the job, can take your time and probably do a nicer quilting job on to match your beautiful piecing work. So far FMQ and I haven't become friends but then I'm a hand quilter but from the work your doing with your quilts, you'll be able to do an awesome job on this beautiful quilt.

how about stars?

Blog Entries
    Another thought since you've decided to take your time and do beautiful quilting. Just a thought ~ maybe a bit of a frame to stop the eye at the edge ~ it would also provide a place for more beautiful quilting ~ and of course more work for you. That's why it's a 'thought' and not an 'encouragement.' LOL. I'm still breathless at all the work you've ALREADY done.

Your quilt is AWESOME!! I agree with the others who suggested feathers and SID.

It is perfect! Congratulations...........The only suggestion I could think of is quilting (outlining) the squares with a decorative feather stitch. Keep up the good work!

Dorrie

Wow! That is a show-stopper! I can understand your temporary brain-dead state - I would be, too. That is one of the most beautiful quilts I've seen in a long time. Get it quilted and get it entered in the show. Bet you'll win a prize!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I can't help with design, but your quilt is stunning. Thank you so much for sharing. God bless. Pemmy

Stunning quilt! Love your colors.

No ideas on quilting but it is a beautiful quilt.

cka

I have another thought to add. Be cautious of the batting you choose. Make sure you know the quilting coverage it requires meets with the design you've chosen.

I just keep looking at the design and beauty of your quilt and continue to be wowed!

Absolutely beautiful, gorgeous, fantastic quilt!!! I like a lot of the ideas on quilting. Just take your time & I'm sure you'll figure out a great way to quilt it. If it doesn't make it into this years show...that's ok. Great job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cka
    I have another thought to add. Be cautious of the batting you choose. Make sure you know the quilting coverage it requires meets with the design you've chosen.

I just keep looking at the design and beauty of your quilt and continue to be wowed!
    Thank you for the comments.
    Which batting would you recommend? I use a lot of the 80/20 and just tried the 50/50 on a project warmth quilt.

Blog Entries
    I think I would go with trapunto also, and maybe feathers and dense background filler to accentuate the points and feathers. IT is absolutely gorgeous. You must be very proud.

I also agree with the trapunto and feathers. Your quilt, your choice. Let it speak to you and with that kind of talent whatever you see in your mind will work beautifully.
    Great Job!!!!!!!!

This may be crazy but I have been thinking of how you could come up with the best design for your quilting because this quilt deserves to win. Why couldn't you copy parts of the quilt on a scanner and scan it in black and white and then copy that on to plain fabric and it would give you the design and the values and you could practice on this fabric until you come up with the best design for each area and then tackle the quilt. Just a crazy idea.

Very beutiful, I'm sure what ever you decide to do for the quiltingwill be great. I hope you win

WOW! Simply stunning!

This may be crazy but I have been thinking of how you could come up with the best design for your quilting because this quilt deserves to win. Why couldn't you copy parts of the quilt on a scanner and scan it in black and white and then copy that on to plain fabric and it would give you the design and the values and you could practice on this fabric until you come up with the best design for each area and then tackle the quilt. Just a crazy idea.

Great idea, I will have to try it.
    Thanks, Judy

Not crazy at all, but I was thinking about a product at the quilt store (and, I am sorry - - I do not remember the name) ... it was lightly adhesive. The theory was - - cut out the shape you want to echo quilt around. When you are done doing the echo quilting, you can pick your "picture" up and place it on another place on the quilt and repeat the whole process.
    Don't know if I have helped or confused, but you are going to do a great job!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast